Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, may have a new tractor project. My dealer just told be about some scrap tractors he has. One is a 4020, and one is a 446. The 4020 is nice but the 20hp Onan is blown, the 446 has a good running 16hp Onan, but the rearend, and back half is missing. The 4020 has the rear hydro PTO, and comes with the Case Hydrobagger. He will be checking on what he has to get for them, and getting back to me. Packedge deal. As he says "I don;t want to mow around the dam things all summer" So we wil see what comes up.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Hey Paul shouldn't you finish your other projects first:D

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by jodyand
Hey Paul shouldn't you finish your other projects first:D

I KNEW that was coming from someone.:D :D :D

True, and I am SURE thats wht the wife will say when I tell her about it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey, a deal comes you way you have to jump.:)

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still thinking about this one. I could just swap in the 16hp Onan into the 4020, but you know? One there are a lot of old 446's out there with popped motors. Could probably get OK money for a running 16hp Onan. Two, Boy that 20hp is calling me. I know how well my 444 is with 14hp, can only guess what a 20hp one will do. So I might just rebuild the 20hp Onan. More money, but in the long run, I will have a tractor the grand kids will be able to use.

Then the big Q. Do I sell one of my other ones? Or just keep them all?:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep kkeep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep eep keep keep keep keep keep kkeep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep eep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep kkeep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep eep keep keep keep keep keep kkeep keep keep keep keep keep keep keep eep keep keep keep keep keep keep :D never have to many tractors

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Paul did you ever get these:question:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well not yet. Last I checked, they had sold the Hydrovac, and rear PTO off of the 4020, and realy wanted more for them then I wanted to pay. Kinda in a holding pattern now. I dont NEED them, and he is tripping over them, so I think later this winter, the prices may get better.:D

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Just remember that the best price is what he wants the day before he sells it to someone else.:D

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup I know that. The good thing is the balls in my coart. I dont need it, so not a huge loss if I miss it.:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tanks

Thanks for the words of encouragement Joe. Words that are true, but never want to be heard.

The other side is that right after you buy it for a good deal someone will always say "I just saw one for sale for less"!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts