Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if I need any more to do, once again I am jumping into the pool. Went to my Deere dealer for the repairs on my back-hoe. While I was there I sat down with the salesman and we looked on line at some of the stump grinders I have researched. After all the smoke cleared I have decided that a Shaver ST 50 grinder is in my future. He ordered it shipped to the store from the distributer. There are about 70 stumps I need to get ground or dug on one of my properties, so that is my justification. Every year I find myself renting a stump grinder four or five times. This piece of equipment should recoop it's $5400.00 cost in a couple of seasons. My thoughts are that I can offer a more complete service then some of the guys I see dragging grinders around. The dump will have a load of topsoil on it. I will remove the chips and fix the site all in one move. In the past I have turned down quite a bit of stump work because I could not justify the rental versus the money to be made. When it comes in I will post pictures.
Here's a quote from Mrs. Slipshod: "If I don't get my new stove before you buy another piece of equipment you will be sleeping on your tractor." Man her new stove is a beauty, all stainless and shiny. Cost more then me stump grinder, since I have to but a new range hood rated 600 cfm or better.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Well handled with the Misses! ;) :D I have looked at getting a stump grinder a few time but just don't think I can justify the cost. Can't wait to see the pictures.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
wow 5400$ is a big chunk of money iactually i had thought they were even more expensive than that...

When i have trees stumped (at least twice a year it seems) they charge me something like 25$ or more per stump so you could get your money back soon enough.. good point about being able to pull the stump chaffings away too.. they definetly leave a mess..

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At Least

I can show you guys the stove.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hood

Have to replace this one with something stronger. Each burner can generate 15,000 b.t.u.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Is this the new or old stove? It looks like a commercial quality stove you would see in a restaurant. My wife would love that!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SJ

I could have spent more. There are others out there for a lot more money. The Vermeer ones with an 18" cutter wheel on it's own little trailer is $12,000. That is the one I have rented. You have to muscle them around and if the job site is not level it is a pain.
While I am posting here's another shot of the stove. The back splash was not in stock. The store is going to deliver it when it comes in.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
By the way..............................you DO know that she will be expecting a matching sink, refridgerator, and dishwasher too! ;) :D

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
WOW! That is one nice stove! How is the food coming off that beauty? Extra delicious?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wow, you are the man, I want a stove like that. Wolf is supposed to be one of the best on the market commercial or otherwise. Will you adopt me? PLEASE!!!!!!
:D

We don't have a gas line run to the house so we are all electric. Those gas tops are nice and the stainless hood and backsplash are swEEEEEt! Is that the 36" unit?

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe

I have no Idea why I don't weigh 400 pounds. My wife is a chef and does some cooking for a caterer. She has wanted a professional stove for a long time. Chief funny you should say that about a matching refridgerator and dishwasher. We have had that talk already.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stewart

The "Wolf" is a 30 inch stove. It has the coolest broiler I have seen, the whole top of the oven glows red from a radient gas unit. The damn thing weighs over 400 pounds.but it is on wheels in the back. I wanted to get her the 36 inch model, but she did not want to sacrifice the cookie sheet and knife cabinet along side the stove. When I made the cabinets I figured for 36" just by taking out two screws and removing that cabinet, but she is attatched to it. She cooks I eat and I did not argue, just kept the $1000.00 in my pocket

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Go with the force Luke Sky Walker! The kitchen MUST match or her dark side with come out! ;) :D Just kiddin" Slip. That is some REALLY nice kitchen appliances! You da man! Take the long term strategic view.........if you get the matching stuff, you can bring out the 110 TLB purchase next right? ;) :D When can we eat at your house!!!!!?????:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have been drooling over that setup for years. I hope we can afford it when we redo the kitchen in a few years. If your wife is cooking for a caterer it is money well spent. Just like your tractor and new grinder, sure you could get buy with something smaller or rent, it would take longer and in the end cost more.

Proper tool for the job as they say!! Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
thats a nice setup (stove) so is the stumper im sure.. did it really cost more than the stumper? its real nice..

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stove

Originally posted by simple_john
thats a nice setup (stove) so is the stumper im sure.. did it really cost more than the stumper? its real nice..
The stove costs $3450.00, new hood $1500.

·
Registered
849 Posts
My neighbor does tree work. he finally bought a green wheel to sharpen his own cutters. He even does it for others. Saves him a bundle.
Rodster

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
That is a nice stove.
And in a way, it is like a nice tractor: expensive but well built to last a lifetime and top of the line. I would bet no regrets. At least not from the wife;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Those sure look like nice stoves, but be careful. Our interior decorator bought one of those commercial quality stoves for her kitchen and she hated it because it wasn't self-cleaning. I don't remember the brand though.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
self- cleaning

Originally posted by GreenMtnMan
Those sure look like nice stoves, but be careful. Our interior decorator bought one of those commercial quality stoves for her kitchen and she hated it because it wasn't self-cleaning. I don't remember the brand though.
The wife is used to cleaning her oven. The old piece of crap never cleaned itself either. Never knew that a woman"s smile can reach past her ears. My girl has been grinning since I hooked it up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts