1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread.
    Dismiss Notice

May 2017 Tractor of the Month

1. pogobill

pogobill Registered User Staff Member

Jan 31, 2012
    pogobill submitted a new Article:

May 2017 Tractor of the Month

Read more about this article here...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2017
  2. mattchrz

mattchrz New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    wow!! looks brand new! awesome tractor!

3. ar_confederate

ar_confederate Member

Jul 20, 2015
  4. DBJR73

DBJR73 Registered User

Jan 23, 2013
    I put a lot of hours on one of those in the late 40s,early 50s. the worst thing was driving that for a few weeks and getting used to the hand clutch, ours was on the left, then hopping on one of the JDs with the hand clutch on the right. the front end was light also.
  5. doneworkn

doneworkn Retired User

Mar 17, 2017
    Nice old Case, good job.
  6. saele

saele Registered User

Dec 18, 2016
    North Dakota
    Thanks for the nice comments Guys, I haven't been on this forum for months so didn't see my SC Case had been picked for Tractor of the Month in May 2017, I thank you for that. I did get the oil pressure fixed, there were two problems, the first one was a cheap oil pressure gauge that I had picked up on ebay along with a temperature gauge, neither one was any good. The second thing I found was a plunger in the pressure release valve that had a small dimple on its side that I think was preventing it from closing as it should. I replace it with the plunger out of my second pump. It was in good shape, the only part of that pump that was of any value. I also replaced the temperature gauge at the same time so that now is working.
    This past summer I completed the restoration of a 1944 Allis Chalmers Model C. The engine was froze when I started on that project and now that it is running we find that it jumps out of third gear. My daughter picked up a nice set of gears for it from Matt Scott, Jordan, MN so that will get fixed this spring.
    Have also started working on a 1946 Cletrac crawler model BGSH. As time permits I will post more on these two project. Remember I am retired so I don't work very fast anymore. I will also pay a bit more attention to this Forum in the future.
    Stay warm everyone, we have a snow storm at the moment, started last night.
    pogobill, wjjones and Thomas like this.