Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 mf 2615. My son cranked a couple weeks ago, drove out to equipment area to unhook bush hog and it quit on him. I tried it, not getting fire or fuel. I got 2 fuel filters, to put on and by his referencing put them on in correct order. ( he’s only 12 but has been driving tractor or truck on farm awhile). Put filters on, it’s got a hand pump where filters go on , bottom line , don’t know if the lines needed bleeding etc Of course it wouldn’t fire up after filter instillation. I’m certain I’ve missed a step or 2!! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hello Gillis,
You will have to bleed the fuel system all the way to the injectors. Open the fuel inlet connection at the filter to check for flow. If your tractor has a lift pump, you will have to turn on the key. You should have good flow at this point. Trickle flow is not good enough. If flow is weak, look for plugged fuel screen in the tank, at the lift pump inlet, in the top of the sediment bowl, etc. There is a bleeder screw in the top of each fuel filter. Open the bleeder screw and check flow till all air bubbles are gone. Crack open inlet connection at the injector pump and bleed. The fuel filters may have the o-ring installed incorrectly.... it goes up inside the filter housing, not around the filter. Crack open the injection lines at the injectors and crank till there is no air coming out. Close the connectors and she should start. In cold weather, you have to use glow plugs to get it going.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts