Tractor Forum banner

Massey ferguson 350 ignition problem!

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Mf35fnatic 
#1 ·
Well, as the titel says I’m having problems with the ignition on my Massey Ferguson 350 or MF35, I cannot get any spark from the distributor or ignition coil. I have tried to just connect the coil to the battery and open the breakerpoints by hand, still nothing, then I put the spark plug directly to the ignition coil and tried and I still cannot get anything out of the coil! I can hold the wire while turning the engine and not feel a thing!!? The only thing is that the distributor is not original... it’s a bosch aka from some Volvo.

#3 ·
Has the tractor ever run with the new distributor? If not, it could be installed 180 degrees out of whack. But if you are not getting anything out of the coil, it could be hooked up wrong or it could be fried. Which brings me back to the question, has it ever run the way it is set up now?
View attachment 52929
The last owner said it ran with the installed distributor BUT I’ve teared the electrical system apart and completely redone it, and yes I’ve checked that it’s not connected wrong and I changed coil to a brand new one and it worked before I put it on the tractor!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.