Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first post here. I have a MF 1735E with shibaura engine, and it has the electronic throttle that I've been trying to figure out. Mostly out of curiosity, partially because i want to bypass a (ehm...) particular system on these tier IV tractors. These motors have a mechanical pump, and from what I understand that's really the only thing that's controlling the throttle on the diesel engine. There's no other electronic timing or control (other than a bunch of sensors and safety switches).

I have downloaded all the manuals I could find, but no where do I see an explanation of where the actual throttle servo is located. The mechanical throttle cable mechanism is bolted down from two sides in a center position, loosening it, does not give me a full override of the servo, it seems to work in conjunction. If the throttle lever is up then i can use the manual throttle mechanism to modulate the throttle, but if i turn down the throttle lever then the manual setup doesn't do anything.

With that, I've been poking around and I see there's a 3 wire sensor on top of where the fuel injector pump is located, I thought it was a servo at first, but taking it off it looks like a sensor and lines up with the manual diagrams.
Rectangle Parallel Font Brand Number

If i unplug this sensor, the throttle lever doesn't do anything and the manual cable throttle doesn't work as well.

Anyone have any clues on how the throttle system works on these? I expect a servo is hiding from me somewhere, but why am i not seeing it on any diagrams?

Also, if the image above shows the "Sensor" for Linear Solenoid, that means there's a linear solenoid type of device that controls the injector pump? if a solenoid, then it can be a 2 wire system and they are using the sensor to get the actual position? hmmm... I've been looking for a 3+ wire device of some kind, but there are a number of 2 wire devices I'll have to check.

Just want to confirm one more thing, there's no butterfly valve on these, right? The only means of controlling throttle is by regulating the fuel pressure, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, is it possible that the shut off solenoid is being used to modulate the throttle in conjunction with that sensor? I'm thinking not because it has to be fail safe... But in theory it could serve 2 purposes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy massey_viktor, welcome.

Most of us on this forum are older tractor owners. These newer tractors with massive error codes, regeneration, etc., are way over our heads in many cases. We need young people like yourself to learn these machines and help out with responses to problems. If I owned one of these tier IV tractors, I would learn how to bypass some of the problems.
Thanks, I will keep this forum updated with my findings, don't have too much time, but so far I am leaning towards the fuel shut off solenoid is a proportional type of solenoid that's doing the job of shutting off and controlling the throttle. I've posted to another forum and will keep this one synced up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last update on this, I ended up leaving the 12V wire connected and grounded the second wire, this essentially opened the shut off valve completely and allowed me to control the throttle with the manual cable throttle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts