Tractor Forum banner

Massey Ferguson 1130 Water Pump Challenge

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ISPY4U 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I am new to the group. Recently I purchased a friends MF1130 Diesel, always drove Allis D-17-15's before this. The MF is a great used tractor, but the water pump failed. I have been unable to locate a video anywhere depicting the removal of this pump. Seems like I have half my engine off and still can't get the pump or back plate to release from the front of the motor. My IT shop manual seems useless as well. Is there a bolt or pin I'm missing. Perhaps a lost Tractor Pirate map where X marks the magic release spot....? Maybe just a good, detailed, exploded view somewhere....Any thoughts? I use my tractors a lot, so having this beast down is wearing me out.

#4 ·
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have the Perkins pump. The challenge bolts were the two that are located directly behind the thermostat housing, between it and the valve cover.
I bought a cheap 1/2 wrench, used my grinder to thin the wrench out and then was able to back them out until the water pump came free.
It just blows me away that the pump and mounting plate are on the block like that. I was real surprised that I couldn't find a video or anything addressing this removal, heck, seems like everything is on the net these days.
Now to order a new pump, hoses, thermostat, et al.....Once I put this beast back together I don't want to have to repeat this procedure again for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.