Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats big my brother inlaws dad landed a 95# catfish here in Baton Rouge in the Mississippi River at Cargil grain. That big old fish had been eating grain for a long time. They didnt eat it the meat was to oilly. But he made the news with it about 12 years ago.
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
CATFISH KINGDOM ------------- GRAIN FED MISSISSIPPI CAT!!!
Wow that is one big fish -- imagine the damage that little KITTY could do when trying to pull the hook on that one! :D

WOW

Andy

·
Registered
518 Posts
thts big fish get hernia hossin tht one biggest one cght here is 87 pounds outta the CHESAPEAKE AND DELAWARE canal guy i know works for army corp engineers he told me one time tht divers tht wrk for corps were inspectin the conowingo dam not far from here n thy saw some cats tht were big prob like tht one take lot batter n lots beer for tht cat lol:beer: :cheers: :beer:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
What do they use catfish for?....lubricants? Hey Chief, shouldn't this be on the oil and lubricant board?:lmao:
I here it's better than synthetic! But only in Diesels produced in odd months of even numbered years

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by MowHoward2210
I here it's better than synthetic! But only in Diesels produced in odd months of even numbered years
Your kidding right Ive been using it in Diesels on even months and odd years:tellyou: :duh:
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Your kidding right Ive been using it in Diesels on even months and odd years:tellyou: :duh:
Jody
Hmmmm....there always has to be somebody to go against the grain and ignore good science. :naah:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by MowHoward2210
Hmmmm....there always has to be somebody to go against the grain and ignore good science. :naah:
That bes meangel
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, Nope, Nope!:naah: :naah: :naah: The catfish synthetic lube works only when mixed 16:1 with "Homer's Duck Butter" . angel :idea: :cowboy: :smiles: :clown: :lmao:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
Nope, Nope, Nope!:naah: :naah: :naah: The catfish synthetic lube works only when mixed 16:1 with "Homer's Duck Butter" .

:duh: :argh: :argh: Mann i know i was forgetting something:argh:
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Argee, there is a HUGE difference between wild river catfish and pond raised, grain fed cat fish. I stopped eating anything out of the river anymore except for maybe crappie or bass.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
ponds

Argee, there is a HUGE difference between wild river catfish and pond raised, grain fed cat fish. I stopped eating anything out of the river anymore except for maybe crappie or bass.
What a great idea for a new business start a Cat House!

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The catfish out of the river are MUCH stronger tasting. If you cut the fatty deposit and dark colored meat out and soak the meat in buttermilk for a day or tow; the taste is not so strong. :thumbsup: :eat: :eat: :eat: :smiles: :cowboy:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
The catfish out of the river are MUCH stronger tasting. If you cut the fatty deposit and dark colored meat out and soak the meat in buttermilk for a day or tow; the taste is not so strong. :thumbsup: :eat: :eat: :eat: :smiles: :cowboy:
Why in the hell would I want to do that? If I have to go to all that trouble to make it mildly palatable, I'll eat perch.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts

sounds like a lot of work... ill stick with a Burger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts