Tractor Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a mahindra 4550 4wd that electical power is getting lost. power at the battery is 12.7 volts. power at the fuse box is 12.7 volts. power going into the switch is 12.7 volts. power coming out of the switch is 12.7 volts. when the power leaves the switch does it go to the dash of is it routed somewhere else before it goes to the dash? is there an inline fuse somewhere that I'm not seeing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ralph, I also own a 1538. I've had too many problems to itemize, but will comment on your fuel tank issue. Last week the return line to the fuel tank broke off. Since the tractor was out of warranty I had to fix it myself. The tank cost $330.00 and a new one would have the same pathetic molded nipple that attaches the return line to the tank, so I used a brass 3/8 NPT - 3/8 barbed fitting. I used a 5/8" drill bit to make the hole for the threads, then carefully made the threads. The tank is made of plastic/PVC/wax, but the thickness was sufficient where the hose was fitted.
Bill, thanks for the idea and taking the time to post pictures.

I have the exact same failure on my 1538 HST Cab, with about 200hrs on it. I've got diesel absolutely everywhere now, soaked through the foam matting in the cab, all over the middle of the tractor, and soaked into my garage floor. Of all the machines I have (cars and motorcycles, then small engine stuff), this tractor gives me the most problems. I'm glad you showed me a way to fix this myself, but I'm anxious about what will breaks next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a Mahindra 4110 three ago for use at my Q/H ranch. I have had nothing but trouble with it from the beginning. It was bought new with every attachment that Mahindra makes. The hydraulic system is pathetic and will not power half of the systems. They advertise 5 year warranty: be careful there. Tractor has 5 year warranty written on it. I have 600 hours on it and has been in the dealer 7 times.
1. Poor assembly: Bolts and pins came out everywhere.
2. Clutch went out& was replaced.
3. Hydraulic leaks everywhere.
4. PTO electrical system works half the time. You have to get off and tap in the switch under right side body panel.
5. Lights work: sometimes. You never know!!
6. Two weeks ago coolant began spraying out of the overflow.
7. Tractor is back at the dealer and they are reporting possible head gasket leak of cracked head or block. Dealer stated that they would have to contact Mahindra rep, but first response is that the warranty is out. 3 years and just went out of warranty. Mind you was sold as a 5 year warranty and it only has 600 hours on it.
8. Clutch is going out again, by the way.

Have contacted Mahindra reps and district Manager by email and phone: NO response as of this post. Five (5) more people in this area have purchased Mahindra and are have nothing but trouble. Do not make the mistake of buying on of these pieces of trash.
I paid over $35,000.00 for nothing but trouble and no service or support from dealers nor Mahindra.

Don Parker
Rayville, Louisiana.
I know your post here is from 2013 but I just wanted to say that, that 5 year warranty is supposed to be the bumper to bumper warranty and then there's a 7 year Powertrain warranty so after the 5 there is still 2 more years that your motor and tranny are covered!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mahindra 5525

'09 5525, nothing but problems. Only 275 hrs. Dealer had to "replace" the entire wiring harness, looks more like spliced. Dash panel gauges stick(2nd dash). On 3rd battery due to poor charging system. Fuel tank liner flaked off and clogged fuel lines(mahindra replaced the tank but did not pay to install). Paint started fading 1st year. Brake lights and plow light quit working(not the bulbs). Hitch bracket broke pulling seed buggy. Seat cracked 1st year. I had to replace the ignition wire AFTER the harness was replaced. I know their more expensive, but stick with the big 3(N.H., Case, JD). 2 reasons-availability of parts and number of knowledgeable mechanics. The warranty is only good if the manufacturer stands behind it, Mahindra does not.
There are problems with all manufacturers, good and bad it doesn't matter what brand.... It only matters what dealership you work with!!!! I have dealt with a Mahindra dealership that is closer to my Ranch and they were rude asshats and I complained to the rep for our area and got there Mahindra dealership striped from them so there now back to being only a powersports dealer, skidoo, bombardier, can-am, whatever they want to be called this week lol!!!! The dealer I bought my tractor from was Armstrong Small Engine in Donaldson Iowa and I can't say enough good things about them, they had a falling out with Mahindra but I have contacted them about things with my tractor and they have still helped me out and even went above and beyond, calling other dealerships that they know to get me parts when they could've just said we can't help you anymore!!!! Family owned and operated and when you buy a product from them it's like they just adopted you into there family, they do things the way it was done 30-40 years ago and I'm proud to recommend them to anybody, if your looking at zero turn mowers or want to checkout anything they have look them up!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My lever is stiff as heck. I sometimes need to get under the tractor to get it completely out of 4 wheel drive. A pain for sure.
The T-Handel lever for the 4X4 if it is the same as mine in my 6010 HST you pull it up to engage and push it down to disengage, it should not be stiff mine has been nice and smooth from the day I bought my tractor new!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
mihindra 3016 pto will not engage, took it to shop and they told me warranty is for power train only even though it says 5 years warranty. told the solinoid was ok . i took wires off from switch to solinoid put them through the electrical test all are good. found what looks like a 1.5 fuse but dont know what it does. checked it out put it all back on and still doesnt work, any ideas?

·
Registered
2020 Mahindra 3650 PST
19 Posts
Mahindra Tractor Nightmare

Were do I start?

2006 6500 4wd

Hydraulic Leak

Bolts not tightened on frame and fell off.

Brake pedal stuck because no grease fittings exists for brake shaft?

Try and replace the battery..OMG..what are these indians engineers smoking?

under 200 hrs in 4 yrs because everytime I run it something else breaks..STAY AWAY FROM THESE TRACTORS UNLESS U WANT TO PAY FOR IT AND NOT USE IT!
My 2020 Mahindra 3650 PST has had multiple hydraulic leaks, steering column replacement, and the cam gear / cam / and cam sensor replaced with less than 150hrs and 5 months of use. Now Mahindra is sending an engine short block for the dealer to change out the engine because the cam gear / cam / and cam sensor repair lasted less than a week and re-occurred. It's been crazy to say the least. I'm with ya'

·
Registered
2013 Mahindra 6110
2 Posts
New to the Forum. Completely confused by this...
I have a 2013 Mahindra 6110 cab tractor. It has about 690 hours on it. I noticed a brown trail in the grass while I was bush hogging and started looking to see where it came from. I found there is a small tube, maybe 3/8", coming up right at the front top of the transmission. It has a 90 degree bend and it is open. No plug or vent fitting. That tub has what appears to be the hydraulic fluid from the trans bubbling out of it in a slow stream. Is there something missing from this tube that has fallen off that I need to replace?

·
Banned
3,188 Posts
That is the gearbox vent and if it's dribbling fluid, either the gearbox is over full or the gear oil is contaminated with water and it's foaming inside the case and coming out the vent hose. When was the last time you checked the level or changed it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 mahindra 2816, i was adding water to radiator and it pressured up and oil started coming out of it. I pulled plug on oil pan and it was full of grey water oil mix. I flushed radiator out with water and it comes out of oil pan as fast as I put it in. I live in East Texas and it got down to 5 degrees last winter so it may have busted something. Any ideas on where to start looking. Water pump, head gasket etc.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have a 2010 mahindra 2816, i was adding water to radiator and it pressured up and oil started coming out of it. I pulled plug on oil pan and it was full of grey water oil mix. I flushed radiator out with water and it comes out of oil pan as fast as I put it in. I live in East Texas and it got down to 5 degrees last winter so it may have busted something. Any ideas on where to start looking. Water pump, head gasket etc.

Did you have straight water in the radiator or a water/antifreeze mix?

·
Registered
1 Posts
we purchased a 6500 4wd last october,from day one hyd leak at return line into block,dealer tried to repair 3 times,returned tractor to us with a j.b weld on fitting. called mahindra directly ,rep says all tractors he looks at are leaking, why are they not recalling these units,very fustrated with dealer and mahindra,no follow thru at all....1 year later no repair and no fix in sight ,we like tractor but almost no customer support,,,be carefull when buying by price...i would rather pay more bucks and get some customer support network ....
I work for a mahindra dealer and that’s absolutely pathetic

61 - 80 of 83 Posts