Tractor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help; I bought a used Mahindra 575-DI tractor from a mechanic i cant get the PTO to engage. I spoke to mechanic he said that it was tight, i used to pipe wrenches on it and still cant move the shaft to engage PTO. Any Ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just before noon today 9.20.2017 11:55am my Mahindra 2535 cot fire in the electrial lower left side to backside of starter it in the wiring burning ( key was off) we have a forks on and was moving hay. Dad's 83 he almost got overheated if it him im shade an grabbed abc fire extinguishers a fuel truck & other tractor I cot it in time. Now it looks like 2' wiring harness needs grafted back .
Last April my Mahindra 3535 with 400 hours on it caught fire while I was using the loader to move a pile of gravel to fill a drainage ditch. The fire started right by the starter. I saw fire coming from the vents at the bottom of the hood in front of my left foot. I didn't have an extinguisher, by the time I ran to get one the tractor was engulfed. Mahindra said too bad, turn it in to your insurance. I made them send someone to look at the burned tractor to document it, for all the good that did. Before that the neutral safety switch went out and it wouldn't start and the gauges on the dash stuck. It was stored inside.
My Dad decided to buy another Mahindra. (There is a local dealer) UGH. Now I have a 1538 with 100 hours on it that is in the shop with a wiring issue and a emissions malfunction light, The telescoping stabilizers on the back have both snapped which caused the threaded height adjuster rod for the right side of the 3 pt, arm to bend. This happened while I was using a 5' brush hog on a field. The metal that the stabilizers are made of is junk. Seriously, buy a Kubota.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a 1538 Mahindra that has been thru three fuel tank failures.
The original lasted two summers and the next one lasted 5 hrs, Mahindra says that they can not tell me when they can get one.
It appears the fuel return line is deteriorating due to hot fuel, no fix?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any brand of tractor including Mahindra states in the owners manual that the owner should check the mounting bolts on the front loaders periodically.
When the bolts loosen they work on the threads and eventually fall out which lets the loader frame do what ever it wants to.
TractormanBill
Did not know that so I will check my tractor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ralph, I also own a 1538. I've had too many problems to itemize, but will comment on your fuel tank issue. Last week the return line to the fuel tank broke off. Since the tractor was out of warranty I had to fix it myself. The tank cost $330.00 and a new one would have the same pathetic molded nipple that attaches the return line to the tank, so I used a brass 3/8 NPT - 3/8 barbed fitting. I used a 5/8" drill bit to make the hole for the threads, then carefully made the threads. The tank is made of plastic/PVC/wax, but the thickness was sufficient where the hose was fitted.
I will try to upload pictures to help explain.
Motor vehicle Hood Car Vehicle Steering wheel
Brown Wood Grey Beige Floor
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Wood Natural material Bumper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ralph, I also own a 1538. I've had too many problems to itemize, but will comment on your fuel tank issue. Last week the return line to the fuel tank broke off. Since the tractor was out of warranty I had to fix it myself. The tank cost $330.00 and a new one would have the same pathetic molded nipple that attaches the return line to the tank, so I used a brass 3/8 NPT - 3/8 barbed fitting. I used a 5/8" drill bit to make the hole for the threads, then carefully made the threads. The tank is made of plastic/PVC/wax, but the thickness was sufficient where the hose was fitted.
I will try to upload pictures to help explain. View attachment 58303 View attachment 58305 View attachment 58307 View attachment 58309
Bill, Mahindra gave me a complete new 2020 1640 at no charge, however with 42 hrs. On the new machine the fuel tank return was melted on it also.
Mahindra dealer installed a Fix for this with a fuel cooler added in frt of the radiator.
So far so good!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a E-350-DI Mahindra. Today it was running fine and it suddenly started dieing out and eventually quit. I was cutting grass with a finishing mower. Once it sits for a while it cranks right back up but shortly dies back off. It has 650 hrs and Ive only changed the oil once a year. I think I bought it in 02, new. Could it be the fuel filters?
I Have a Mahindra max 28 and recently had a similar issue, mine was the stop solenoid on the injection pump, or actually the connection which was so badly corroded, I cleaned the connections and now it starts and runs fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I, unfortunately, have borrowed a Mahindra max 28xl hst from a good friend. I'm the type of person that when I have to borrow something I return it in as good or better shape than I received it. When I got this tractor to my house I noticed that it had a leak on the hydraulic return line. I replaced a rubber hose about 3" long (4 days shipping) , topped off the hydraulic oil, engine oil and coolant. After finally getting to use it tilling my horse pen the PTO would not engage again. I removed the PTO assy from the rear of the axle and found everything in working order. With the machine running or not I can rotate the PTO shaft in either direction and can feel the gears mesh. What am I missing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a Mahindra 1538 with 400 hrs the tractor cranks and runs good but now when I took it out of four wheel drive the rear wheels won't pull.Does anyone know what is wrong.I wish I had read the input from other who had all the trouble.I would not have purchased a Mahindra.

·
Registered
1 Posts
'09 5525. Same problem. Messed with this for over a year. Turns out the tank liner was flaking off the inside of the tank. Only happened when fuel was low. pieces of the liner would get sucked to the in tank filter. Mahindra payed for a new tank(un-published recall) but not the install. Good luck. Mahindra CS is awful.
My dad's 2015 4565 has done the same thing. After warranty ran out. No help from the dealership yet

41 - 60 of 83 Posts