Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using my Mahindra Max XL26 yesterday to push and lift brush to be picked up by FEMA. After pushing brush forward in low speed gear 4 for several minutes, the tractor failed to move when placed into reverse. After shifting into different gears using both High and Low, I discovered that the tractor will only operate in Low and then only in 1st and 2nd gear. Bucket hydraulics work fine and fluid levels are good. Transmission shifts smoothly through all gears and easily changes from Low to High. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I was using my Mahindra Max XL26 yesterday to push and lift brush to be picked up by FEMA. After pushing brush forward in low speed gear 4 for several minutes, the tractor failed to move when placed into reverse. After shifting into different gears using both High and Low, I discovered that the tractor will only operate in Low and then only in 1st and 2nd gear. Bucket hydraulics work fine and fluid levels are good. Transmission shifts smoothly through all gears and easily changes from Low to High. Any thoughts?
I had a similar problem that made no sense. Ford 4000 would only move in 2 gears and had been running fine for 4 hours when pribkem started. Felt like it was shifting fine oarked with motor running. Decided to pop the top hat on the tranny snd found the H/L oever was fine, but the gear selection lever had popped out of the rail guides. When testing, it felt like it was moving thru gears fine, but was actually moving one set of slides back and forth. Adusted the slide rails back to the correct positions and reinserted the shift lever into the detent. It has worked fine ever since. Don't know yet why the lever jumped out of position, or how, but tge problem was cured and has not repeated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts