Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I purchased this tractor in 2015 with 600 hours on it. Mainly cut and bail hay. I really over due maintenance, oil, filters etc. Always barn kept,Three years ago spreading fertilizer and a left rear tire locks up. Its has a planetary gear in each rear wheel. A dowel pin/ roll pin came out and messed up complete planetary gear . Long story $3000.00 not counting any labor. Last week bush hogging and right rear locks up, same issue , roll pin came out of two three inch axles in planetary gear and axle, roll gear and planetary gear shot. Another $3000.00. Got in touch with Mahindra rep, sorry out of warranty. Call Mahindra customer care, no help. Same thing both sides, manf problem somewhere!!! Has any of you guys seen this in the 7520, 8560? Thanks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
They probably put roll pins back in the planetaries? Do you know what (if anything) they did to prevent reoccurrence?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Roll pins (Spring pins) must be properly heat treated to maintain their 'springiness'. I wonder if they were improperly heat treated or too small for the hole they were used in? Never had one come out in any application I've had them used in, I've always had to drive them put with a punch and hammer. Very strange. Very expensive repair as well.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I would inquire to see if there were any older TSB's issued for that issue. I know Kubota issued a TSB for the PTO brake packs on my M9's but both are way out of warranty so it's meaningless to me. I'm just careful with the PTO brake (it's weak) and use an over running clutch pack when running implements that will freewheel when the PTO is disengaged. There is also a standing TSB for the fuel cutoff solenoid that I will use soon because it's a out of warranty TSB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts