Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Mahindra 6110ST, I am the original owner. It currently has 518 hrs on it and has been mostly parked the last couple of years. The trouble (transmission) started a couple of years ago which is the reason its been parked. A former employee was hard on equipment and I am not sure if this is the reason for the problem or not. I recently changed the oil and filter, flushed the radiator and replaced the coolant, also replaced the hydraulic fluid and filter. The tractor starts and runs great, but the transmission is another issue. It has 12 forward gears and drives fine in low range (all gears) and lower medium range gears. If in a high medium range gear or high range (all gears), the engine revs up but the tractor will not move. Once the transmission heats up, it will hardly move no matter what range or gear. Prior to the issues, you could pull up on the 4x4 handle and it would lock into place, now it will not do that. You have to hold it into position to engage the 4x4. I have also noticed after driving it a short distance, when I pull the transmission dipstick, a blast of air comes out. Of course, my Mahindra dealer is not help.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Good morning Ed44, welcome to the tractor forum.

From your description of transmission problems, I believe your clutch is slipping. Push down the clutch pedal with your hand till you feel resistance as the throwout bearing engages the clutch fingers. That movement is called "free play" and should be about 1 inch. Follow the clutch linkage from the pedal to the clutch housing. You will find a clevis adjustment in the linkage. Adjust the clutch linkage till you have 1" of free play. Your clutch should be returned to normal.

Your transmission vent is plugged causing the puff of air when you pull the dipstick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts