Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mahindra 4500 tracor with a ML260 Loader. My loader control valve leaks hydraulic fluid from one of the (pistons) usually when i press forward on the control stick. Leaks all over my right foot. The control valve is a Nimco. Can I replace this valve a diferant brand or get a seal kit for this one? What should I look for in a replacement loader control valve? Thanks in advance for advise!!

·
1,385 Posts
My experience with the Nimco valves used on Mahindra loaders has shown them to be a rather "middle of the road" product at best. Yes, you can always replace it with another valve of similar characteristics. Depending on what you decide on and where you get it, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $450 for a new valve. Add a few bucks more for fittings, and a hose or two if it doesn't exactly match your existing port style/sizes.

On the other hand, it's possible all you really need is a couple dollars worth of O rings. Locating an actual "seal kit" for your particular unit may be possible, but not your only option. If the valve was/is properly plumbed, with a power beyond configuration, then simply repairing the leaks may well suit your needs for a good while. It's not that complicated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My experience with the Nimco valves used on Mahindra loaders has shown them to be a rather "middle of the road" product at best. Yes, you can always replace it with another valve of similar characteristics. Depending on what you decide on and where you get it, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $450 for a new valve. Add a few bucks more for fittings, and a hose or two if it doesn't exactly match your existing port style/sizes.

On the other hand, it's possible all you really need is a couple dollars worth of O rings. Locating an actual "seal kit" for your particular unit may be possible, but not your only option. If the valve was/is properly plumbed, with a power beyond configuration, then simply repairing the leaks may well suit your needs for a good while. It's not that complicated.
Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.