Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know if there are any battery powerd drills that are Made in the USA? The Craftsman go up to $259, but are still Made in China. You wold think that it would be like there Power Saws that start at $29 (Made in China), but when you get to the $100 range, they are still Made in USA. I have not found any Made in USA drills.

As a side note the fact that a $259 drill is Made in China is a joke. The joke is that someone in America cannot make a drill, market it, distrubute it, and make a profit for $259.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
its sad.. you have to shop all over just to get a made in the Us product? What about dewalt? Ill look next time i get to home depot, but mine is a makita fairly sure thats not made in the us.

post back mark if you find one made in the US.

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an older (Early 90's) electric drill that was Made in USA, but nothin I've seen at Lowes/ Home Depot/Sears with a battery was Made in USA. Everybody keep looking. I feel that I would pay $125 or so for a Made in the USA battery drill.

:peace:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Makita was originally known for making electric motors. I have yet to find a Makita tool I did not like. Let's face it, it's a world economy out there now. So finding anything other than sophisticated machine tools made entirely in the USA is going to be a challenge. I have the 18V Ryobi w/2 batteries from HD for $99 that is one hell of a nice drill.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
i agree argee, my makita drill must be pushing 10-12 years and its still going strong.... i can not complain at all...

Given the choice, if its possible and if the Made in US' is at least comparable, I try to get USA. But sometimes, some products; Mitsubishi, Sony TV's for example cant be beat...

sj

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After looking this past weekend, All the Dewalts I saw (Electric or battery) were Made in Mexico. The Makita Battery did not say where it was made on the box. I did not see any battery drills MAde in USA. There were several electric though still Made in USA (Milwakee, Craftsman, Makita, Prter Cable, Skill) although a lot of these mgf also offer cheaper models Made in Chine,Mexico etc?

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I'm surprised that Makitas are made in the USA. I didn't know they had a plant here. I bet if you looked real hard, they're all made across the pond.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cordless Drill

Snap-on cordless drill kit (14.4V) at list $412.00 Stock # CDR4450 states "Country of Orgin" USA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts