Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see Machinery of the Past tonight on RFD TV? They had a really interesting show on old Catarpillar crawlers by a guy named Bob Hill from up in SK in Canada. I bet you probably know this guy Bear. I did not realize that Catarpillar is the from merger of Holt and Best. They showed some really interesting pieces. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can get RFD TV on Dish Network, Direct TV, and C band satellite if you have an MPEG2 FTA system.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Until Yesterday , I havn`t heard of RFD TV , A young man was asking if I watched it and then this forum . so I checked it out , Nope I don`t have it , We will call the Cable Co. today . Maybe it`s available. I hope So. Thanks for the heads up.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Its on 379 on Direct TV.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Direct TV has NASA also and some extreme sport channel and some others i don't know the name off. I had to change my dish and receiver to the oval one to be able to get my local channels and RFD. But it was time anyways as i have had Direct TV about 9 years. Didn't cost me anything to upgrade it to the new dish and receiver.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
what does RFD tv stand for? Rural Farm?

the only thing i can think of is mayberry RFD but im sure thats not it..
Cant picture ol Barney driving a cat crawler...

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Keweenaw4310
Dish has it a little easier than DirecTV. I had DirecTV for a while pointed at one satellite. I installed a receiver & dish capable of receiving signal from a second satellite about 10 degrees or more over. Same cost / month, but now I have about 10 or more additional channels, including NASA, RFD and others.

There are times in bad weather when I pick up one satellite and not the other. The extra channels just briefly go away then.

This may coincide with the cryptic code that Chief typed in. In plain English, what the heck does that mean? 2nd satellite reception?

I guess my receiver is aMPIG 2FAT or whatever Chief said.

How does MPEG work?

The Dish or Direct TV receiever is a DBS C or KU band receiver that can convert the signal to what you watch. MPEG2 is the signal compression method.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
144 Posts
Rural Free Delivery (RFD)

RFD stands for Rural Free Delivery. In addition to Machinery of the Past, it has Classic Tractor Fever, and Talkin' Tractors. Many train shows, and toy trains shows.

Also, many FFA, and horse shows, plus classic country music shows. And lets not forget "The Big Joe Polka Show".

My 3 1/2 year old loves it also, even the Big Joe show. Once the tractor show is over he will say "Is it time for Big Joe?". :homereat: :D

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I started getting RFD, Nasa and some others a few months back. I have the round DirecTv dish. They apparently changed them on their end. I think they replaced some interactive channels including a local weather channel that they removed. Also been getting the local Columbus channels for free for several months but I think that promotion is about to come to an end. I have a 30 foot tower and rotor anyway so I don't really need them. It was kind of nice not to have to take the extra step of switching the TV channels and rotor.

Mark

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have dish network that was one of the main reasons I switched. So that i could get the RFDTV channel. I love watching all the tractor shows on their. I really liked the machinary of the past with the cat's on it.

THanks,
Tau

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
So this is a satellite only program or channel? No way to coerce my cable company into offering it? :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't know. If a cable company doesn't have it they should. It is a good channel.

It is about the only channel i watch besides fox news and discovery channel

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I would check with your cable company. It might be an option you and you don't know it.
From my meager and novice understanding of how this stuff works; MPEG2 is a method of digital signal compression. As far as I know, you can get RFD one of 3 ways; Dishnetwork, Direct TV, or an MPEG2 DBS reciever system. You might try calling or emailing RFD on their website.

RFD TV

This is

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I would check with your cable company. It might be an option you and you don't know it.
From my meager and novice understanding of how this stuff works; MPEG2 is a method of digital signal compression. As far as I know, you can get RFD one of 3 ways; Dishnetwork, Direct TV, or an MPEG2 DBS reciever system. You might try calling or emailing RFD on their website.

RFD TV

This is what they are

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

RFD TV

This is what they are saying about

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

RFD TV

This is what they are saying about cable on

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

RFD TV

This is what they are saying about cable on their

1 - 20 of 28 Posts