Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new LT2180's are here as well as the new LT2138. The LT2138 is the same tractor as the 2166 except with a 38" deck instead of the 42" which came on the 2166. Same 16hp Single cylinder Kohler Engine. New Price $2399.95 which gives you a Powershaft drive tractor at a bargin. The LT2180 has a new 18hp Vanguard Twin Cylinder ( smoother than smooth) ENGINE WITH THE 42" deck at a price we're selling at $2599.95. Some prices may be different in different markets. As I have found my local LOWES store to be higher priced than what Cub has told me to sell for. Who Knows, I'm sure they'll come down to our prices before long.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats great amicks i hope you sell a lot of them.:thumbsup:
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Amicks,
What can you tell me regarding the GT 2500 series, do they retain the cast tranny?
Does the 3000 series as a whole retain the cast tranny? is the 3235 now a 11 guage chassis, instead of 9 ? does it have the diff. locking rear? are those list prices correct? the web site is all over the place, and it shouldnt be !!
It takes a few second to correct, not weeks....of course your not at fault...but somebody has to kick them in the arse, it might as be you?

Thanks in advance...

Ducati

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ducati996, Yes the 2500 series still has the Cast Iron Transmission as well as the 3000 Series. As far as the gauge of the frame, I don't know if they are making changes there or not, I wasn't told that they were. The prices on Cub's Website are list prices and are not what your local dealer probably charges. The 3235 tractor has a locking differiential, however the new 5000 series tractor with a 25hp Kohler and 60" deck for $7500.00 will make the sales of the 3235 go down. The 5000 series will have three point hitch std. as well as rear PTO for bush hog's etc. The deal in the 3000 series is the 3204 which comes with power steering and hydraulic lift and of course the cast iron tranny with 48"deck for under $5000.00 or add a few dollars for the 54" deck.
:band:

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Thanks Amicks,

It was the web site that created more questions than answers...
They have the 3235 listed with 11 guage !! but i dont think they would do that(big mistake if they did), and its a typo...it just takes time a long time to correct a typo...
Actually Cubs list price are better than anybody elses selling price !! no complaints there !!

Thanks for the update!

Ducati996

·
Registered
19 Posts
Amicks,
What can you tell us about the transmission in the new 2180--how does it differ from the 2166??

Thanks,
Nyoder

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
nyoder
First off let me say Welcome to tractorforum :friends: from what amicks told me is they are the same LT as the 2166 the only different is the motor. Amicks will let us know for sure he has been busy at his store so it takes him a little while to answer.
Here is the link on which he posted about the 2180 and again Welcome.
Jody

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys,
Thanks for the welcome. The main reason I was asking about the 2180 transmission is that the Cub web site is listing it as having a 4 quart capacity; I thought the 2166's was 7, but I might just not be remembering correctly.

Does anyone know about any upcoming special offers as far as price or financing goes on the 2180?? What's it selling for right now? Is it shipping?

Thanks,
NY

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yes it is i dont know where everyone is today.:confused:
Jody

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe I'll ease back over to G-web.

I'll check here once in a while tho, in case it ever wakes up.

Have a good day! (if anyone reads this).

NY

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 2180 are in most dealers by now and the prices in our part of the country is $ 2599.00. The transmission is the same as last years and I don't know why they listed the oil capacity different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
:homereat:

I would love to jump on a 2138. I have a Kohler 15hp on my Cub 1515 and I've put a new short block in it due to a design problem. Covered under warranty, runs great now... But the reason I bought the 1515 was due to the 2166 costing $2999. Now, the 2138 is priced a touch more than what I paid for my 1515. I couldn't have waited, but, I've got the trade bug.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome MrWiggles i have a 1525 and i should have waited a year and got it $500. cheaper but im still happy with it.
Jody

·
Registered
16 Posts
:homereat:

Yep, I feel your pain. You didn't spend $2199 on a 1515 though. I can't believe it. I really don't care that much that they have plastic hoods now, my tractor can be purchased new for basically $1599. That is friggin unbelieveable. Why did I spend $700 more? That Kohler isn't worth $700 more.

Now, I'd love to trade my 1515 for a 2138. Guess what its worth? Including the bagger, I'd be lucky to get $1500. When you can buy a new one for $1599 or even less at Lowes... unbelieveable.

2 Years ago I was told about Cubs resale value. Then the P***ing match with JD, now, anyone with a premium tractor has something that's worth a lot less.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Why go with the 2138 when you could have the 2180 for $151.00 more?I bought a 2166 last year $2699.00 but if I would have waited I could have had a 2180 for $100.00 less.I do not care about the money.But the twin cylinder Vangard would have been nice.I wonder what it would take to trade a 2166 with 44 hours on it?I am probably better off not to know.Glad I like it but will seem loader and far from smooth now.Anyway the 2138 is really a 2166 with a 38'' deck rather then a 42''.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by johndeere
Why go with the 2138 when you could have the 2180 for $151.00 more?I bought a 2166 last year $2699.00 but if I would have waited I could have had a 2180 for $100.00 less.I do not care about the money.But the twin cylinder Vangard would have been nice.I wonder what it would take to trade a 2166 with 44 hours on it?I am probably better off not to know.Glad I like it but will seem loader and far from smooth now.Anyway the 2138 is really a 2166 with a 38'' deck rather then a 42''.
I've heard the BS Vangard is a good motor. Pardon my ignorance of CC's, but what motor is in the 2166?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by MowHoward2210
I've heard the BS Vangard is a good motor. Pardon my ignorance of CC's, but what motor is in the 2166?

It has the 16 HP Kohler single
Jody

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I like the Kohler but it is not exactly smooth or quite.But I here the Vangaurd is quiter and being a twin it would be smooth.I thought about calling the local Cub dealer to see how I could trade.But im sure I would take a real beating.Besides after buying a John Deere LX277 in November.My wife would have me sleeping in the dog house.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts