Tractor Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,769 Posts
I purchased a 2017 XU6158 about a year ago with a little over 300 hours and if you do not have a good dealer - I recommend that you do not buy a LS Tractor because the dealers do not want to service another dealers sale. I have the tractor to develop a couple of error codes and you are stuck if you do not have a dealer willing to help you. I have for 3 months tried to get an appointment to get a code 21 repaired and now the tractor will only idle and has no power because it will not respond to the accelerator no matter how hard you press on the pedal. It is a nice tractor in appearance but what good does it do you if it won't run. I researched the codes and it appears it is a wiring harness issue and when you trace out the wiring harness you find out it is tight in a space with the clutch pedal - they saved 10 cents to shorten the harness and now even if you try to repair the worn coating the tractor has to have the computer re-flashed and you can not buy the equipment to do that at Wal Mart and that is my situation.
Have you any idea where the original dealer is, or the dealer that you bought it from? I've hear this time and time again about LS, and that is just on this site.Poor dealer network. You need to find someone to do the repairs, wherever, and get it trailer there. No sense in having it sit around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you any idea where the original dealer is, or the dealer that you bought it from? I've hear this time and time again about LS, and that is just on this site.Poor dealer network. You need to find someone to do the repairs, wherever, and get it trailer there. No sense in having it sit around.
I purchased the tractor from an individual who had purchased it from Cirrus Equipment in Lebanon, Tn. I called them 3 times and all the would say to me was that was a huge tractor and would get back to me and that was last week. I found out where the tractor was sold by emailing LS Corporate Headquarters and they told me the dealer who sold the tractor but has since closed up that location but still has 2 other locations. I called the next closest dealer and he had lost his repairman, the dealer in Columbia quit selling LS because someone brought them a tractor from another dealer and they worked on it for warranty for 2 days and LS paid them $17.00 for their labor. I also called Haney in Alabama and may just take the tractor to them and trade it. I do not care about warranty at this point and I am willing to pay for the repairs because it is frustrating to have a nice tractor and not be able to use it when you need it to bush hog. I guess my take from all the threads are a lot of the tractors are similar but I think a good dealer makes all the difference regardless of the brand of tractor you have.

·
Registered
896 Posts
sound like you need to go up the ladder and talk to the regional LS rep, and tell him to locate a local repairman or send out a factory tech. dealers refusing to do warranty work aught to lose their dealership. Yes, I understand why, but you can't sell new equipment and then just not service it. LS is on the road to ruin with these practices.

ps. DO NOT THREATEN LEGAL ACTION!
Once you mention it, they will instantly clam up and demand you go through their lawyer.
If you are going to sue, sue. Don't talk about it before hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you and I learned that lesson long ago. It is about the same if you pull a gun and point it at them if you are willing to do that you might as well shoot.
sound like you need to go up the ladder and talk to the regional LS rep, and tell him to locate a local repairman or send out a factory tech. dealers refusing to do warranty work aught to lose their dealership. Yes, I understand why, but you can't sell new equipment and then just not service it. LS is on the road to ruin with these practices.

ps. DO NOT THREATEN LEGAL ACTION!
Once you mention it, they will instantly clam up and demand you go through their lawyer.
If you are going to sue, sue. Don't talk about it before hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a brand new XR4145 about four years ago. It has given me nothing but trouble for the most part. If I use it something usually breaks. I will never by another one

·
Registered
81 Posts
IMHO the LS tractor is a much better choice than a kubota. LS is really expanding
here in the U.S. So I don't see why you would have any problem with parts. kubota
costs more for less and I believe you would appreciate the LS a whole lot more than
a kubota and the features on a kubota like a rocker pedal to go forward and back sucks
in my opinion. Put your foot on a stick with a stick under the middle of it about 2 inches high and push down with your toes then try pushing down with your heel feels great??? and the joystick for the bucket is attached to the bucket frame so you hand is way out next to the steering wheel to operate the bucket as for me I'm old and cranky I like things to be close for comfort and ease of use! so I want comfort not an aching arm!
Don't take my work for it read what the general public have to say:

willy

·
Registered
81 Posts
IMHO the LS tractor is a much better choice than a kubota. LS is really expanding
here in the U.S. So I don't see why you would have any problem with parts. kubota
costs more for less and I believe you would appreciate the LS a whole lot more than
a kubota and the features on a kubota like a rocker pedal to go forward and back sucks
in my opinion. Put your foot on a stick with a stick under the middle of it about 2 inches high and push down with your toes then try pushing down with your heel feels great??? and the joystick for the bucket is attached to the bucket frame so you hand is way out next to the steering wheel to operate the bucket as for me I'm old and cranky I like things to be close for comfort and ease of use! so I want comfort not an aching arm!
Don't take my work for it read what the general public have to say:

willy
ALL LS TRACTOR PARTS ARE MADE IN KOREA AND SHIPPED TO THE
U.S.A. ALL LS TRACTORS MADE IN CHINA ARE SOLD IN CHINA!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Obviously the tuber isn't all that smart either. You NEVER pull anything except with the drawbar and I see he don't value his noggin much with a folded ROPS. Running ANY tractor with a folded ROPS is just downright stupid. I would have been embarrassed to post that video but then I see a lot of stupid and untrue stuff posted on you tube videos. Most times, I look at them as entertainment only with no real facts. Just opinions and we all know about opinions don't we?

Far as Kubota's go, the hydro's do whine but I have not had a hydrostat in the last 10 years and my gear drive, hydraulic shuttle units don't whine at all. heck, my Cub Cadet hydrostat zero turn whines to, it's an inherent characteristic of any hydrostatic transmission. I've had Kubota's for the last 15 years and longer (at least 10 now, maybe more including the 2 I presently own and I've never had an issue with any of them other than one leaking cylinder that my dealer addressed under warranty.

My 2 present units have 4 and 6,000 hours on them, not 200 either and I farm with them, I don't play with them, they get used and used hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No problem getting parts. It is just that I have to KEEP GETTING PARTS. I wanted to like this tractor I really did but I hate it. It rarely completes a job without breaking.

·
278 Posts
Obviously the tuber isn't all that smart either. You NEVER pull anything except with the drawbar and I see he don't value his noggin much with a folded ROPS. Running ANY tractor with a folded ROPS is just downright stupid. I would have been embarrassed to post that video but then I see a lot of stupid and untrue stuff posted on you tube videos. Most times, I look at them as entertainment only with no real facts. Just opinions and we all know about opinions don't we?
Well like you said every one has an opinion, and they all stink except mine.
I watched that video after reading your comment;
one time doing his video the rops was folded down at that time he wasn't even running or working it all of his action shots it was up.
As far as pulling from the drawbar only, I heard that many a time.
You make such a big deal out of the fact that you farm a bit with your kubotas which you seem to feel are the best in the world, whoopee for you.
As a big farmer I would expect that you have at least seen implements that hooked to and only pulled from the lift arms of a 3 point.
And I have no issue with someone pulling from the top of a quick hitch, some do fuss about I don't and have done so.
As a matter of fact we have two hitches for gooseneck trailers for the tractors one is a plate mounted to the top hook of a heavy cat 2 quick hitch
and the other is this one;

adios

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've NERVER done that in 30 years. Always the drawbar and my ROPS on my OS is always up as well. My head is important to me, maybe yours ain't. My drawbar is ALWAYS in the receiver. it is extendable and retractable so never in the way and I always have a screw shackle in the toolbox as well.

Don't think my Kubota's are better than sliced bread but...BOTH ARE PAID FOR. Very important aspect for me. I've owned and sold Internationals, Massey's, and even a Deutz air cooled. Never owned a Mahindra. One, there are NO dealers around here anywhere so parts and service could be an issue and candidly, I don't care for their for their fit and finish, to me they look cobbly.

Far as the Tuber goes, if I posted a video for anyone to see, I'd surely have the ROPS in the extended position and would be pulling from the drawbar, not folded and not from the 3ph, neither are acceptable practice and you know that, or at least I assume you do. Maybe you don't. You and only you are the captain of your ship and only you can do things correctly or sink it at your discretion. I prefer to do things correctly. Maybe that is why, after 30 years plus of farming, I still have all my fingers and never been injured from doing stupid things.

You could be on borrowed time for all I know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The LS will have the options that the hubota does not have and they cost
extra that are standard on the LS. IMHO you get more for your money with
the LS

willy

·
Registered
625 Posts
My most important decision that I consider when I purchase a tractor is the location of the selling dealer and his reputation concerning customer satisfaction concerning not only repairs but his business ethic. A 'good buy' can turn into a bad dream if there in no local dealer or if consumable parts are miles away. My dealer is local, he's very cognizant of good service and stocks the parts I require or can get them quickly if need be. Kind of a 'no brainer' for me. The brand I buy is secondary to the dealer I deal with,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie here. Anyone with any feedback on LS G3033H tractor good or bad. 33hp tractor brand new with a backhoe for $24700. About the same as the new B2601 Kubota with a back hoe
Any input would be great
Ed
I have a LS 3106 cab tractor and continue to have problems with no p ok wer after running for thirty minutes dealer will not do anything have had for 200 hours what a waste of 26,000
Owned same LS tractor for 5 years, never been back to dealer, parts available overnite, zero issues so far.

Buy one again in a New York minute.
Like the Kioti too.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Replacement parts are tough right now for any make, don't matter, especially when the parts come from offshore. Supply chain economics are disrupted everywhere, just look at the chip shortage for the automakers and how that impacts them, thousands of vehicles that cannot be sold because they are incomplete. Heck of an overhead drain I'd say.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Newbie here. Anyone with any feedback on LS G3033H tractor good or bad. 33hp tractor brand new with a backhoe for $24700. About the same as the new B2601 Kubota with a back hoe
Any input would be great
Ed

I have seen the LS tractors more options for less money than a kubota. More and more dealerships
and it won't be long before they will be better know. Add all the options that the LS has then add to
a kubota you will see a big price difference! The LS tractors are well made and to me easier to use
options compared to a kubota! I have read/heard about JD and kubotra that equipment from other
manufactures will not always fit on them. Read someplace they change so all their own attachments
will not work on their new tractors just so you have to purchase new! All this info is on the internet
so don't take my word for it check it out for yourself! You will hear that JD older tractors are great but
the older tractors were not made by JD as Yanmar made tractors for JD for over 20 years and their
diesel engines are used in over 75 tractors! Yanmar diesel engines are used in ships, boats, construction
equipment etc and been makeing them for over 100 years. So check out a LS tractor or Yanmar IMHO
even traveling a ways would be worth the trip. I have the YT235C and really enjoy the confort and ease
in using the controls. I would have purchased an LS but the Yanmar seem to fit me better!

willy

·
Registered
625 Posts
My philosophy is always, is there a selling dealer nearby. If not, don't buy it because at some point you'll need to deal with a dealer.

Long distance purchases always end badly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
John Deere makes tractors that most people won't even look at! Who in their right mind would want
a plastic tractor thats gonna crack up in a few years???? Also Yanmar tractors are quality made
or john deere would not have Yanmar make tractors for them for over 30 years and are still using
Yanmar diesel engines in their tractors! How many people know that all equipment made by other
companies will not always fit on a JD or kubota??? When you buy an LS tractor vs a kubota you
will see a big price difference and all the standard options on a LS tractor are extra price on the
kubota and you can probably get all the attachments you need and still pay less with the LS!

willy

61 - 80 of 87 Posts