Tractor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My LS XR4155C has 47.3 pto hp. With 47.3 pto I am well with range to pull some 12 ft batwing shredders. That's the main reason I decided to upgrade. That and I wanted AC, air-ride seat and a radio. Rhino and Woods both make 12 ft batwings that only require 35 pto to run. They target compact tractors with between 35-50 pto. I am liking the Rhino TS12 Stealth. Another thread for another day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just for further info. The Kubota I looked at that was the closest to my LS XR4155C was the Grand L6060. I could see no real differences but I'll tell you the pros and cons of each.

Kubota Pros:
*Just looks sexy. There is a cool factor with a nice Kubota.
*Not a pro in my mind but the Kubota was a hydrostatic transmission.(hst idle high and use more fuel and sacrifice PTO hp).
*Kubota has 5 more engine hp and 5 more pto hp.
*Kubota backhoe has a thumb option.
*More FEL lifting height by about 14 inches.

Kubota cons.
*Less warrantee.
*500 or 600lb less lifting capacity
*No option for shuttle shift.
*Only 12 speeds
*Radio was an add on option.
*Way more expensive. $62,000 compared to $38,000.

LS Pros.
*5 year warrantee
*16 speeds
*Radio included
*Way less purchase price. $24,000 less

LS cons:
*Less company infrastructure so you wait longer for parts that aren't dealer stocked
*5 less hp
*No thumb option for backhoe (I have a welder so I'm good).
*Less FEL lifting height (I prefer more lift capacity for the type of work I do) If I were double stacking hey bails I would prefer the height but I don't do that so it's a non issue.

Same Pros between both brands:
*Both have metal hoods. (Deere and Massey as well as others have gone to plastic.
*Interior cabs are so similar. The location of the LS AC vents are in the ceiling which is easier to service than Kubota's which were in the dash.
*Both have 2 remotes.
*Both have locking rear differentials (nice if you get stuck)
*Both have 4 wheel drive
*Both have the same hydraulic flow rate/gal per minute
*Bothe have two hydraulic pumps independent of each other (One for steering and one for implements)
*Both have bucket levelers.
*Both weigh about the same.
*Both have draft control.
*Both have telescoping 3pt lift arms
*Both have Bucket that is quick attach skid steer type
*Both have adjustable air-ride seats
*Both have front and back LED Flood lights
*Both have tilt steering
*Both have cup holders
*Both have 12v power jacks to charge things like cell phones
*Both have AC/heat

A little about warrantees. Deere and Kubota offer more warrantee hours and less warrantee years. LS offers less warrantee hours and more warrantee years. So you have to know how many hours you will be using your tractor and plan to own it. Are you like me and only put around 200 hrs a year? If that's the case you may be better off with the LS 5 year warrantee. Are you a full time farmer and rack up 1000 or more hrs a year? If that's the case you may be better served with a Kubota or Deere. Are you the person that buys a new tractor every few years? You could argue resale value with the Kubota as being better but remember, with the LS you are already 25K ahead.

There are certainly pros and cons to each. All things aside, if they were both priced the same or if Kubota was maybe $3,000 more than the LS I would have gone with Kubota just to say "I have a Kubota". But I'm not a wealthy guy and the fact is Kubota, Deere, Massey. They are a lot more than just 3k more. For the features, price, warrantee (that best fits the way I will use the tractor) I have not found a better brand. And I will say that my tractor looks absolutely beautiful. She cleans up nice and I get stairs when I'm filling her up at the gas station. Most see it and think that it is a New Holland or that Ford came back. I wish Ford would.

Also, dare I utter the name and contaminate this forum, Mahindra advertises a 6 year warrantee. That only applies to home use. If you use a Mahindra for farming or commercial use (the reason you would buy one), you void the 6 year warrantee and get a 90 day warrantee. 90 days!!! They must not have a lot of faith in their product.

So do be aware of some off the off brand warrantees and read the fine print.

·
278 Posts
Good looking tractor, I looked at the LS's, prior to buying my Branson 8050, I was looking at the P series with the power shift. The only concerns that I had at the time where the clearance for tire chains and the local dealer at that time was almost worthless, he's now out of the tractor business, the next closest dealer was 80 miles away. It's far enough to my Branson dealer it's 20 miles, If I wanted to spend lots of money JD is only 2 miles, New Holland is 9 miles and Case IH Kabota is 15 miles away.
Enjoy your tractor the cab and AC is nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Branson 8050

LouNY

Branson 8050! Now that's a tractor. I would have loved to get one that size however I only have an F250, 7.3 LTR, and a 24 ft gooseneck trailer. By the time I attach a batwing shredder I'm too long and over weight. I do plan on getting a bigger one down the road. Maybe when this one is paid off in 7 years. Right now mine is just small enough that I can still haul it around easily. Don't get me wrong. It's got some size to it and weighs in around 8K with the backhoe. How much do those Branson's run price wise if you don't mind me asking? That 8050 is a beast. I read 5,000 pounds lifting capacity. Holy crap!!!

·
278 Posts
Branson 8050

I ended up working around $45,000 before my trade, then they had to reverse the wheels to get a wider stance and room inside for my chains. My driveway work in the winter absolutely requires chains, and when I take it over to my brothers farm in the winter it's to get around where the chains are needed from snow and ice. I don't trailer mine so the weight wasn't an issue and then I've added 1200 pounds of rear wheel weights to her. Sowe are right around 10,000#'s as she sits with no implements attached.
Lou

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie here. Anyone with any feedback on LS G3033H tractor good or bad. 33hp tractor brand new with a backhoe for $24700. About the same as the new B2601 Kubota with a back hoe
Any input would be great
Ed
I own 2 Ls tractors one 70 horse and one that's about 40 horsepower. We use them everyday and love them haven't had any issues with them except a fuel tank that busted when a rock hit it cracked it. We had part in two days and installed under warranty free of charge. There was one issue cause of dealer we bought them from sucked. We just started using dealer out of Austin and they are awesome off bee caves road. Ever since buying these two Ls tractors we've used about 2/3 of the fuel we were using with a kubota and a mahindra we had before. We're happily sold off both of them and paid about half of the money we spent on Ls's by doing so best investment I have made in a long time was going with the Ls on a buddy's advice. We have literally saved ourselves a ton of money using them. The tires are not farm or ah tires on mine they're like a construction style and seem to grab much better and less flats. We love these things the cab one is my favorite for running field and planting etc. the small one makes shredding and smaller work very easy and it handles really well also like I said it's a heck of a deal for the price the price you gave is higher than what I paid for mine by a lot by the way unless tractors have went up again in past two three years id get a second opinion on that price. The Ls dealer in Austin Texas off bee cave road has pretty excellent deal on them if they're cheaper and they usually are I'd buy from them if I was in area or at least use their price to make my dealer match it.

·
10 Posts
Not Alway True

It is not always true that the major companies are better than the lesser know companies. My John Deere's plastic body parts have all cracked and broken over the years and mechanical parts have broken. And it is always under cover when not used. My LS has given me flawless performance and its metal body parts will not crack and break off. Like has been said before, the dealer support is really important. I got NO dealer support for my pricey JD but GREAT support for my LS.
Enough said.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a new G3033H TLB in 2014 @ 23k got about 140 acres of Pennsylvania land for area means rock pitch and grade. So nothing easy. Basically to get a handle on things it got worked over it's got about 1200 hard hrs (I beat the hell out of it really) and had no problems. I broke the steering rod but that was on me. In the off season it moves snow with a rear and some loader so it does rest a whole lot. This was the most tractor I could afford. That is the main reason I got it and it's very well built. I'd buy another with out question. I don't buy this type of thing to see it later almost everything I get I will likely keep and run it till the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LS tractors are not built or assembled in CHINA. LS also makes tractors for NEW HOLLAND, CASE, and the JD sub compacts use the same engines. Mother company name is LSMtron

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, to those who think LS is a smaller, lesser known company, they're not. You just haven't heard about everything they produce for the other, more commonly known brands.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I have an LS , wish I could be one of those giving a positive review.
I've used mine to unload trucks at my business and have kept it inside in a air conditioned shop the 4 years I've owned it logging a whopping 35 hours on it.
It developed a fault causing it to go into limp mode. Went to dealer over 4 months ago. They say the wiring harness is faulty and that LS doesn't want to admit that. So it's finger pointing ,meanwhile my tractor is sitting in a boneyard with the hood up and weeds growing up in it.
Tried calling LS but not only do they not post their # , they will not give you the # of anyone.
Filed a complaint and heard nothing but crickets.
It's a cab so was very expensive.
Fells like I put a pile of cash on the ground and set it on fire.
Good luck with your new LS !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I have an LS , wish I could be one of those giving a positive review.
I've used mine to unload trucks at my business and have kept it inside in a air conditioned shop the 4 years I've owned it logging a whopping 35 hours on it.
It developed a fault causing it to go into limp mode. Went to dealer over 4 months ago. They say the wiring harness is faulty and that LS doesn't want to admit that. So it's finger pointing ,meanwhile my tractor is sitting in a boneyard with the hood up and weeds growing up in it.
Tried calling LS but not only do they not post their # , they will not give you the # of anyone.
Filed a complaint and heard nothing but crickets.
It's a cab so was very expensive.
Fells like I put a pile of cash on the ground and set it on fire.
Good luck with your new LS !
Hello Stuart: I'm not a farmer but have a compact LS2023H with Backhoe and do general landscaping/moving/chipping/digging to improve my 17 acres. My differential lock didn't work when I purchased this unit new. I eventually reached Andrew Blackburn, Service Manager, 6900 Corporation Parkway Battleboro, NC 27809 Attn Andrew. Email is: [email protected]. Eventually LS picked up the cost of a new differential to fix the differential locking issue. Give him a try. I do believe that LS wants to continue to build a good reputation in the USA. Best of luck, Allan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I work at a dealership who sells LS. For a "light duty and light weight" tractor, they are mediocre, at best. If someone asks me specifically about our tractors, I tell them to always buy at least 5 more horsepower than they think they need. Not necessarily to get more horsepower, but to hopefully get a heavier tractor.
I've seen broken front frames from loader issues. The hydro transmissions are very lightweight, and have wet clutch issues. And last, but not least, the emissions systems and DEF systems are a nightmare. The warranty issues are numerous and it's hit or miss whether LS covers them.
We have begun informing customers that if LS refuses to cover a warranty issue, that they will be responsible for any charges. We tell them this when they buy one from us.
Also, some of the other posters are correct about dealership service. We have had several tractors brought to us because either the original dealership had closed, quit selling them, or couldn't/wouldn't fix their tractors. We've had LS tell people to bring their tractors to us from over 100 miles away, because LS couldn't find anyone to repair the customer's problems, and these are the ones that LS usually stiffs us on warranty claims. Imagine that.
If you're planning on putting less than 100 hours a year on your "hobby tractor", LS or a LS branded tractor might work for you. But if you seriously use a tractor, I'd recommend a Kubota.
I've actually told customers that an LS tractor wasn't going to work for them or make them happy.
I'd much rather lose a sale, as to have a customer who isn't satisfied and has spent good money for something that isn't right for them. I had one customer come back and tell me that they wish that they had listened to me. This was after five different issues with his tractor, he got stuck paying for two of the "warranty" repairs. He finally pawned it off on someone else, and bought another brand. I won't say which brand, because we're talking LS.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I work at a dealership who sells LS. For a "light duty and light weight" tractor, they are mediocre, at best. If someone asks me specifically about our tractors, I tell them to always buy at least 5 more horsepower than they think they need. Not necessarily to get more horsepower, but to hopefully get a heavier tractor.
I've seen broken front frames from loader issues. The hydro transmissions are very lightweight, and have wet clutch issues. And last, but not least, the emissions systems and DEF systems are a nightmare. The warranty issues are numerous and it's hit or miss whether LS covers them.
We have begun informing customers that if LS refuses to cover a warranty issue, that they will be responsible for any charges. We tell them this when they buy one from us.
Also, some of the other posters are correct about dealership service. We have had several tractors brought to us because either the original dealership had closed, quit selling them, or couldn't/wouldn't fix their tractors. We've had LS tell people to bring their tractors to us from over 100 miles away, because LS couldn't find anyone to repair the customer's problems, and these are the ones that LS usually stiffs us on warranty claims. Imagine that.
If you're planning on putting less than 100 hours a year on your "hobby tractor", LS or a LS branded tractor might work for you. But if you seriously use a tractor, I'd recommend a Kubota.
I've actually told customers that an LS tractor wasn't going to work for them or make them happy.
I'd much rather lose a sale, as to have a customer who isn't satisfied and has spent good money for something that isn't right for them. I had one customer come back and tell me that they wish that they had listened to me. This was after five different issues with his tractor, he got stuck paying for two of the "warranty" repairs. He finally pawned it off on someone else, and bought another brand. I won't say which brand, because we're talking LS.
LS and Mahindra are definitely the bargain brands. I will probably be avoiding both.
I didn't think any tractors in this class used DEF.
I am also surprised that fatigue prone aluminum cased tractors would be what you would push for long term reliability when worked hard. Is it just the lighter Kubotas that have aluminum castings? I haven't looked into it too much, but I do find it worrying a little in general. Then seeing the Mesicks video on 3-point backhoes breaking tractors in half has really made me question the structural strengths of new Kubotas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie here. Anyone with any feedback on LS G3033H tractor good or bad. 33hp tractor brand new with a backhoe for $24700. About the same as the new B2601 Kubota with a back hoe
Any input would be great
Ed
I purchased a 2017 XU6158 about a year ago with a little over 300 hours and if you do not have a good dealer - I recommend that you do not buy a LS Tractor because the dealers do not want to service another dealers sale. I have the tractor to develop a couple of error codes and you are stuck if you do not have a dealer willing to help you. I have for 3 months tried to get an appointment to get a code 21 repaired and now the tractor will only idle and has no power because it will not respond to the accelerator no matter how hard you press on the pedal. It is a nice tractor in appearance but what good does it do you if it won't run. I researched the codes and it appears it is a wiring harness issue and when you trace out the wiring harness you find out it is tight in a space with the clutch pedal - they saved 10 cents to shorten the harness and now even if you try to repair the worn coating the tractor has to have the computer re-flashed and you can not buy the equipment to do that at Wal Mart and that is my situation.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts