Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. Anyone with any feedback on LS G3033H tractor good or bad. 33hp tractor brand new with a backhoe for $24700. About the same as the new B2601 Kubota with a back hoe
Any input would be great
Ed

·
Registered
174 Posts
I glanced at them when I was shopping. I believe they are manufactured in Korea and then assembled in the USA. I know their HQ is in South Carolina if I am remembering correctly.

As far as quality and reliability I do not know. Seemed like a nice tractor when I was looking at them.

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
The biggest problem I've seen,so far,is parts and Dealer support. A few have had problems with sticky pedals,and some have reported hydro system problems after only a few hours of use.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get the Kubota. Everything will need service eventually and that's when you'll be glad you have a good dealer to fix the problem and take care of you. Re-sale is everything too. It will be very hard to convince anyone to buy a used LS or any other off brand unless you practically give it away. I have two Kubota's and have no issues, great service too.

·
1,268 Posts
Newbie here. Anyone with any feedback on LS G3033H tractor good or bad. 33hp tractor brand new with a backhoe for $24700. About the same as the new B2601 Kubota with a back hoe
Any input would be great
Ed
I heard good things about them.
Do you have a dealer near you?

The two dealers I know of are both former AC dealers then AGCO dealers before the orange tractors were discontinued and AGCO gave the dealers no option but to find another tractor to sell.

·
10 Posts
Any input would be great
Ed
I am sure you have made a decision by now, but the LS is a good utility tractor. A lot depends on the dealer. A good dealer will stand behind the tractor. Before I purchased mine, I looked at most all the brands and liked the LS features the best.I have not been disappointed. Have had a Deere for about 15 years and all the plastic panels have cracked and broken, but the LS has metal panels, which I like better.

·
10 Posts
Get the Kubota. Everything will need service eventually and that's when you'll be glad you have a good dealer to fix the problem and take care of you. Re-sale is everything too. It will be very hard to convince anyone to buy a used LS or any other off brand unless you practically give it away. I have two Kubota's and have no issues, great service too.
LS is a good tractor, but having a good dealer is important also. LS is not an off brand. They are not as well known as other brands, but if you do research you will discover the LS has more user friendly features than many well known brands. By the way LS makes tractors for other companies too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agreed, LS makes quality tractors.
I am not convinced that these "off brands" really suffer that much on resale. Anyway, people don't buy and sell tractors like they do cars. I would think that most people own a particular tractor for 10 years or longer. So you buy an new LS for $5k less than a similar featured new JD, own it for 15 good years of use and sell it for $3k less than you would have the similar JD. What's wrong with that?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Doubtful

Agreed, LS makes quality tractors.
I am not convinced that these "off brands" really suffer that much on resale. Anyway, people don't buy and sell tractors like they do cars. I would think that most people own a particular tractor for 10 years or longer. So you buy an new LS for $5k less than a similar featured new JD, own it for 15 good years of use and sell it for $3k less than you would have the similar JD. What's wrong with that?
If you're an actual farmer who relies on that tractor everyday, the tiny amount you'll save is not worth the everyday hassle, period. I've been there and done that. Faulty wiring, questionable engines, soft steel, bolts falling out and the maintenance issues with getting filters or brakes. I've always checked with those dealers who said they had those parts right on the shelf at all times. I broke a fan belt and waited weeks for it to come in. When the belt broke, it also broke other items like the radiator hose and overflow jug. Bad engineering. I will only buy Kubota's now because I have excellent experience with them, the prices are great, parts are available usually right there or next day and I rely on these tractors every single day. I need them to start when it's cold and run 365 days per year. If an LS dealer or any other off brand goes belly up, no one will rush in to take that dealership over anytime soon. It's your money, if you decide to save a few thousand at initial purchase, I can just about guarantee you'll spend that and much more for expensive parts and wished you had spent the few thousand more and bought a better known tractor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I understand what you are saying Townline. If you are a "real" farmer and use the tractor everyday, having parts and service readily available is important.
Farming is different in every part of the country. Around here a real farmer doesn't consider a tractor to even be a legitimate tractor unless it is over 100 hp. Anything smaller is a toy. I would guess most people on this forum looking for an under 50 hp tractor are not actual farmers and use their tractors far less than every day. They don't have the advantage of writing off their tractor as an expense, so cost is important.
In the case that the original post stated, he could get a 26 hp Kubota for the same price as a 33 hp LG. That is quite a horsepower difference.
These days the lesser brand tractors do not have faulty wiring, questionable engines, soft steel and bolts falling off. Quality-wise they are very much on par with the name brands. Most of the "name brand" tractors in this size range are simply rebadged and repainted lesser brands. (Granted, all Kubota are made by Kubota, but that is the only brand that can claim that.)
It is true that the dealers of these lesser known brands sometimes can be a bit shaky and are less likely to have parts on hand, but they can get them. On your example of waiting two weeks for fan belt.... you could probably have just gone to NAPA and get a fan belt. They usually carry a nearly infinite variety of belts.
I wouldn't argue with a farmer or a contractor paying a premium for the security of having a full service shop backing them up to jump on and repair their machine in a matter of a day or two. But for a guy who is putting less than 100 hrs on his tractor in a year, it is possibly not as important as getting as much tractor as they can for their available dollars.
My last tractor, a 26 hp Grey Market Yanmar, had no virtually dealer support. It had 700 hours on it when I got it. I owned for 15 years and put over 1500 hours on it. I could get all the filters and general maintenance parts at NAPA, and never, ever had a need to buy any repair parts. If I did need anything they were readily available over the internet. I had a general tractor repair shop lined up and said they would be able and glad to work on it if it ever needed it. That may not be good enough for a actual farmer, but was good enough for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Real farmers don't always need a 100 HP tractor. My large one is 85 hp and I use it to run a 10 ft. discbine, 456 JD round baler, pull a 4 bottom plow, 12 ft. JD discs and load many trucks with hay etc. My BX 25 I use to run a 4 point tedder and 10 wheel speed rake. It doesn't require much HP to rake or tedd hay. I also use that one around the home barn to clean stalls, mow the lawn, till the large garden, put the firewood away using the bucket, dig shallow ditches, run the post hole auger for fences and scrape down the area in front of the free stall with a box blade. It really doesn't matter how big or small the farmer is, they bought a tractor to use around the home or small farm and when it's broke down, it goes into the shop and there's a pick up and delivery fee then added fees for non covered items even under the warranty. I've been there and done that. The savings quickly disappear when all is considered. Yes I could've bought my own belt from NAPA, but the overflow jug and radiator hose were also broken and I wasn't going to become responsible for anything with only 26 hrs. on that tractor. Cables frequently froze up on it and even the throttle froze everyday during the winter and it took at least a half and hour with the tractor idling until it thawed itself out. Starting it was a bear even when plugged in all winter. the Kubota has never been plugged in and starts everyday with not one single failure. I have never had to have it taken to the shop for any repairs at all, so I've saved all the downtime and frustrations, not to mention the pick up and delivery charges each time it has to go in for service. Everything is right there at the dealer if I need anything or it can be there the next day. Very important to someone who has the weekend to get a job done or the farmer with hungry cattle or hay on the ground. When that person is trying to sell a tractor, it is much easier to sell it to someone who needs it to perform everyday such as myself. I wouldn't even consider buying another off brand or lesser known tractor regardless of the paint argument.

·
277 Posts
I here what you are saying about the "off brands", it wasn't to many years ago when most people where saying that about the Kubotas, none of the big farms tractor dealers would touch them, they were sold out of little garages, small independent dealers, nobody had parts or experience.
Sound familiar, Thats the same phase that Branson, LS, Koti, TYM, Yanmar are in now.
We will have to see how it all shakes out.
As far as farming with only the big ones, around here you can see everything from H and M's, Farmall 400's, 560, 656's 1066 up to and way past the 7320's in the red lines, I havn't had much to do with the green ones other then a 4450 and a 4020, or the good green Oliver I traded a 1550 Diesel Utility when I got my Branson 8050, which we used this last summer on the tedder (the AC was nice) and some bale wrappers.
Lou

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
The LS tractors are built in China, and the company itself is owned by LS Cable of Korea. They are relatively lightweight for the power, and more for the hobby market. The small John Deere tractors in the same power and intended use class are also Chinese, as are most of the products in this price range with the exception of the Kubota and comparable sized Massey-Ferguson/Challenger tractors which are Japanese (more expensive).

The key to it fitting in your application will be intended use and your ability to operate, support and maintain the equipment properly. Spend time vetting the dealer from which you intend to buy, if they are actually in the tractor business with a full service shop that will be to your benefit. If they sell hot dogs and grey market tractors out of shipping containers, then I would be concerned.

Also try to get references from owners in your area with similar LS tractors. Most equipment dealers will bring a demonstrator unit out for a day, and that is a good practice to which to avail yourself. Be sure the product fits your intended use!

Just because it is Chinese does not mean bad in today's market. The heads on Cat engines are built in China, as are most of the Cummins engine components. Chinese manufacturing is a reality of world market forces and cheap labor, and profits. China has vastly improved manufacturing of major international company brand name products in the last few years.

·
10 Posts
RC Wells is mostly correct about the LS tractors. They have two assemble depots in the USA; one on the east coast and one on the west coast. They use Mitsubishi technology in their design and their engines. The dealer you purchase from makes a lot of difference in the quality of customer care after the sale. I have personal experience with that by owning a John Deere and an LS, both purchased new from dealers. A few weeks after I got the JD it had a hydraulic part break. The dealer did not have the part and was unable to get one in a timely manner. They were not customer friendly. I noticed they had a tractor like mine on the lot so I demanded they remove the part for their tractor and install on mine. They finally agreed, but made me pay for the part until the "factory" authorized it. Well, they never reimbursed me for that part and I have never returned to that dealer. I had an issue with my LS a few months after the purchase and the dealer came to my place, picked up the tractor, fixed it and returned it a few days later. By the way, I purchased an LS and NOT a JD for two reasons; one being past dealer experience and two, the JD has plastic body panels that have cracked and broken over the years leaving the tractor looking like junk - the LS has all metal panels. Personally, in the utility tractor market I think JD's are over priced and over rated. After shopping around for my third tractor I decided on an LS because of the dealer, and because it was the best bang for the buck! I have had the LS almost a year and it has been up to any task I have asked it to do. By the way, one of the handiest attachment I have is a set of Titan forks for my front end loader.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anymore, "where" vehicle is being made has became a far more complicated and less pertinent question. The engine could be made in one country, the chassis and body work in two other countries, miscellaneous parts elsewhere, and assembled in a different country yet. Quality may vary but it is not at all based on the country of manufacturer like in days of old.
Triumph motorcycles makes a model, the T120, where on the east coast of the US, the bike is assembled in England, while on the West coast the same model is assembled in Thailand. It is virtually impossible to tell the difference between these bikes. Both are of outstanding quality. Same holds true for cars and tractors.

·
10 Posts
LS headquarters are in Korea, but much of the manufacturing is performed in China to LS specs. It has to be noted that China manufactures product to the specs of the company. If the company wants to go cheep, then China builds cheep; if the company wants a quality product then China builds quality products. For example, 10 years ago I purchase a 6000 watt gas generator from a big box tool store. I was concerned by the fact it came from China, but I noticed the engine looked exactly like the engine in the Honda generator. The exact same size Honda generator cost twice as much. The generator is the heaviest for its size I have ever seen and it is still working well over ten years later. Today, most all companies are just assemblers of parts that come from all over the world.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To the people who want real feedback on these lesser known brands or off brands, steer clear guys. Spend a little more on a better known name with a company that spends a ton on engineering, testing and quality control. All these things cost money and either you or the company is going to be the guinea pig. I prefer the company to be the guinea pig through rigorous engineering to design a tractor to hold up to years of hard use, a tractor that will start in cold weather, gaskets that will hold up with good rubber and not cheap dry rotted things that start leaking a few months later and so much more guys. Don't even bother with them. I've been there twice, yes I know, I'm gullible and fell for the slick Rick salesman BS.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts