Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 33hp LS G3033 tractor that I recently purchased off someone, (I'm not completely tractor savvy so I apologize if this gets confusing) that I've only ran for less than 20 hours. Ever since I got the rig it's produced some burning smell that I couldn't quite figure out and the other day it lost all its power behind its mobility. Until that point it ran like an absolute champ and I was extremely happy with it, got quite a bit of work done around the house and it never gave me any trouble at all

The arms/bucket operate just fine and act like they should
I can shift it F-N-R, no clunking no strange sounds
It has H-M-L gears that I can shift into with no issue as well
Brakes aren't locked up as far as I can tell, and in low gear and almost only low gear I can get the tractor to move (but only with the pedal to the floor)

Wont budge in high, I can barely get it to roll in medium, and it really only wants to move in low gear, just struggles in forward or reverse. Quite literally at a snails pace. Wont make it up a hill for sure but I managed to get it back to the shop. I'm hoping to get some ideas on what mechanically failed, or if I could have hit something to cause this issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,230 Posts
Sounds kinda like a clutch issue. It might be cooked. How would you describe your skill level? If it ia not a ‘high’ level, you should probably take it into the shop and spend the money

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds kinda like a clutch issue. It might be cooked. How would you describe your skill level? If it ia not a ‘high’ level, you should probably take it into the shop and spend the money
I'm not the best mechanic around but I should be able to handle it. After watching a few videos it doesn't seem that difficult to do but that all could change once I get into it, I know how things can go. I'll mull it over for the night and knock a few ideas around, thanks for the quick response!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts