Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Last few weeks I have seen that a lot of new people have signed on. Jump in and say Hi. What kind of tractor you got, or want? [you don't need one to be here, just have to like them:D ] What kind of yard/land do you have?

So jump on in, the waters fine. [sharks are just for show, they don't bite:D :D ]

·
john-in-ga
609 Posts
Hi, Ingersoll444

I suppose I’ve been less than polite. I joined this board a couple of weeks ago. I’ve did a couple of test post and asked one question on the JD forum, but, I haven’t “introduced” myself.

I really like the layout of this board. Find a new feature everytime I sign on. Haven't figured out how to get spell check to work yet. Guess I don't hold my mouth right? Funny how things don't work for the people who have the most need. Hope there is more usable content as more people join.

I’ve listed most of the information in my user profile. I’ll add a little more here. I’ll be 62 years old before long. I’ve been retired since ‘94. Job before retiring? Was a maintenance supervisor at a VA Hospital. I have about 100 acres of land. It is land I was born and raised on. Most of it is in wood land. I try to tend about 10 acres. Well maybe tend isn’t the key word. I attempt to grow a small garden and little corn in amongst some weeds. The 51 B John Deere I listed in my profile isn’t running and I’m in the process of learning to work on it in the hopes to get it running someday.

I’m not afraid of sharks, just I don’t usually chime in unless I think I have something helpful to say. I’m not much of an expert on anything, so have more questions than answers.

Really like the Internet and boards like this. Not only can you talk/read about things but also get great pictures. In keeping with that here is a picture of my 3000 Ford with corn puller mounted. (Not saying my pictures are great.)

http://users.nlamerica.com/racoleman/img00002.jpg

That should be enough "jumping in" for now. Hope everyone is enjoying this board as much as I am.

John-in-Ga

:cpu:

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Welcome John-in Ga

:truth:
I for one think you have a lot to contribute. It's not always about tractor knowledge, a little bit of wit and a sense of humor goes a long ways too. Just reading your post shows me you exhibit quite a bit of both. So don't be shy, jump in often and put in your .02 worth. I'm kinda shy myself, :whistle: as you probably already have noticed, but this is a fun forum to be involved in so jump in often.
:smiles:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by John-in-Ga
Hi, Ingersoll444

Haven't figured out how to get spell check to work yet. Guess I don't hold my mouth right? Funny how things don't work for the people who have the most need.
Welcome!! And don't feel bad. I have not masterd the spell check yet eather. Just read a few of my posts.:D

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome

Welcome John-in-Ga
Glad to have you aboard i haven't figured out how to get spell check to work nether luckily i have spell check on my computer. So don't be a stranger and again Welcome :friends:
Jody

·
john-in-ga
609 Posts
Thanks to all you Guys,

Now that I have that I have my "introduction" out of the way maybe I won't be as likley to get shot passing through this board. Well, at least I didn't feel any buckshot this time.

I'm afraid I used up my wit in the last post, so won't bore ya'll with a long post this time. Seriously, everyone feel free to call my hand if I post something that is incorrect.

John-in-Ga

I've cut it off three times and it is still too short.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:hello: Howdy John-in-Ga, its niceto see ANOTHER old-fart come on board here. I just turned 62 in september and I feel it. I`ll tell ya getting old aint for sissy`s.

:skull:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts