Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to put this in Slipshod's post about the loss of one of his dogs, Lulu. But I changed my mind and thought it would be more appropriate to start a new thread.

Here's a nice piece that was in my local paper today. Saying Goodbye to Meg

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Thanks Mow

My place is not the same without Lulu. Poor Elvis my yellow lab is having a bit of a time, he misses her laying all over him. Lulu was not even the best rabbit dog I have ever had , but she sure was a live wire. She was 19 pounds and afraid of nothing, she was the nosiest dog I have ever owned. Still too soon to think about another rabbit dog as I have had bad luck three beagles in a row. Missy I had for over 12 years I had to put down because she got like Meg in your article was the best hunter I ever owned. I replaced her with Cupid. Cupid was 4 years old and starting to be a darn good hunter when someone stole her. We went through the reward posters and penny saver ads with no luck finding her. Then I got Lulu who at 5 years old I just put down. Putting her down hurt the most because she was so young and healthy until this tumor started. Watching this thing grow on her face took a toll on everyone. I took photos of it and the memories are too fresh I can not even look at them yet.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
i was wondereing how the other dog reacts to the loss of its pal.. again slip sorry.. i know its a tough loss especially when you are close.. dogs do nothing but aim to please.. its tough to lose one especially so young..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didn't want to read that because I thought it would bring tears to my eyes. I read it anyway. It did.

That's a touching story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts