Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel someone really tried to low ball me yesterday. I know it might only be good for parts. It's been 15 + years probably since it was started. Been in the barn since then. Was used for a few years before that to plow tobacco. Any help or real offers appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Reactions: HarveyW

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off, welcome to the forum! What did they offer you? Have you looked at tractorhouse.com?

Here's one in fairly nice shape at the site.

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/auction-results/10944729/oliver-60

Here's a couple that are probably closer to what you have in terms of condition.

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listin...60&Manu=OLIVER&mdlx=contains&HDROR=asc&page=1
Thanks. Hadn't found that one. I was offered 100 bucks by a local dealer. I guess there's not that much market for the parts huh? I thought surely it would be a few hundred from what I'd seen on other sites. I know the individual parts can be high.

·
Caractacus Potts
2,442 Posts
sometimes our expectations exceed reality, I know I would only spend the value of the local scrap guy would pay, 100 or 150 dollars, then I would more than likely spend over 3500 restoring it, so if you look at it through the buyers eyes you will see the true value, it's only worth what someone is willing to spend

Reactions: crawdaddy

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
You'd probably do better parting it out on craigslist and ebay.

Reactions: crawdaddy

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Have you thought about cleaning it up a little, maybe seeing of it turns over and locate the missing parts around the barn if there are any? Could perhaps stir up a little more interest and ask a little more money. I'd love to have it, but distance is a real issue! I have a 60 and a 70...

·
2,828 Posts
I got and Oliver 70, overhauled engine, new Firestone’s all the way around. Needs paint and minor body work, grandpa and his brothers put it up at an auction when grain prices were high, it didn’t get a $1500 bid, so I wound up with it. For what it takes to get that machine functioning again you will never recuperate even close to what you put into it, you’d be lucky to get the cost of new tires out of it. It has to be sentimental or a labor of love I guess. With that being said, I would dive into it, fix it up, and enjoy it. My kids can auction them off and pay the auctioneer and go out for supper on what’s left, everyone will be happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tractor Forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you thought about cleaning it up a little, maybe seeing of it turns over and locate the missing parts around the barn if there are any? Could perhaps stir up a little more interest and ask a little more money. I'd love to have it, but distance is a real issue! I have a 60 and a 70...
How much difference would just getting it to turn over without blowing up make? The brown is mostly barn dust. I know most of the paint is probably gone. How far away are you? I'm in central Kentucky.

·
Caractacus Potts
2,442 Posts
I'm so far up north, unclebuck, that I can see Santa Claus tacking up his reindeer as we speak!
OMG, LMFAO!!!!!

I'm up to my belt line in projects or I would go get it

·
2,828 Posts
I’d be willing to take it one too, if the engine wasn’t stuck and all the sheet metal was there. The biggest expense would be the tires. If the cultivators were complete it would be really cool at show with it on. In a long way away and have too many projects tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tractor Forum

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
I'm so far North, I can see the lights in Russia from my back porch! (Laughing my butt off)

Reactions: pogobill

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Does he do reverse deliveries? I can have it sitting in the barnyard by Christmas morning.
Canadian customs would shoot him down thinking he was a space invader. Think of all the children's disappointment when they learned Santa was dead.

Reactions: FredM

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think if you were to clean it up get it running and put the cultivators on you may be able to
get a great deal more money come this spring. I realize it needs tires, however, a lot of folks
look for a tractor set up for cultivating. All you would have in it would be your time and a few
bucks in new fluids, points, wires, cap and rotor. Might be worth your time, I would let it sit in the barn before I sold it for a $100.00, much to cheap. Good luck w/ whatever you decide.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts