Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for two Case 411 heads #6530A
Also, I can't get the gears to shift and I'm wondering if it might be from lack of oil. I don't have a owner's manual to find out what the full level is (just yet)

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Try Yesterday's Tractor Company, 800-853-2651. Not sure if they have the heads, but a place to start. I would expect they have the manuals needed. Also try www.tractorpart.com

You may also want to try some tractor salvage yards for the heads. A friend just went through the head replacement drill, could not locate any that were affordable, so we ended up furnace brazing his old heads (freeze cracks) and having a machine shop install new hardened valve seats. His tractor is a parade queen, and the heads have worked out very well.

Cannot really help on the transmission. If it has been setting for years, the shift rails are likely rusted. When someone drags one of these old beasts in, I always recommend pulling the top and all inspection plates to verify condition of the gears and shifting components, but these are collectors that want like new equipment when done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try Yesterday's Tractor Company, 800-853-2651. Not sure if they have the heads, but a place to start. I would expect they have the manuals needed. Also try www.tractorpart.com

You may also want to try some tractor salvage yards for the heads. A friend just went through the head replacement drill, could not locate any that were affordable, so we ended up furnace brazing his old heads (freeze cracks) and having a machine shop install new hardened valve seats. His tractor is a parade queen, and the heads have worked out very well.

Cannot really help on the transmission. If it has been setting for years, the shift rails are likely rusted. When someone drags one of these old beasts in, I always recommend pulling the top and all inspection plates to verify condition of the gears and shifting components, but these are collectors that want like new equipment when done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks RC I tried YTC and wreckers (non in MT) and just now sending photos off to a welder in Wisconsin, Crow. Would like to get it back to work, the cylinders (sleeves) and rocker arms are great and the gears were working fine until they sat for a year. I was thinking about taking off the top cover, I suppose those shift rods just needs some shine. Tractor parts sounds good, thanks for that also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts