Tractor Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Just goes to show you some things never die on the interweb....

For example, this thread that started with a guy looking for a certain, hard to find, mower 17 years ago. That was back in the good old days, when I could sleep all night without having to get up to pee:).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a picture of a YT3600 Yamaha Tractor that I have for sale. Just so you can say you seen one. These sold new for $2999.95 and this one will sell for around $ 1500.00 It is a 12hp Yamaha engine with 38" mower. Hydro drive with electric PTO. They used a cast iron housing for the steering gears. Quality was great with shaft drive etc.
I have one if anyones interested in it

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
I have only ever seen one Yamaha tractor in the "flesh" in my life. I think every Yamaha tractor ever sold in the USA has been mentioned in this thread over the past 17 plus years.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I have only ever seen one Yamaha tractor in the "flesh" in my life. I think every Yamaha tractor ever sold in the USA has been mentioned in this thread over the past 17 plus years.
They only sold them for 4 years here in the U.S. (1988-1992). They offered 4 different models....
YT3600 12HP 38" deck 1988-1992
YT5700 16HP 42" deck 1990-1991
YT6700 18HP 42" deck 1990-1992
YT6800 18HP 48" deck 1989-1992

As you know from this post, parts are almost impossible to find and every guy that has one as a rusty POC sitting in his yard thinks it's worth it's weight in gold...... "It's rare as hell because they only sold them here for a few years". Same thing applies to a Yugo, but you don't see them going for big $$$ at a Mecum Auction:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
You mean that my Yugo I have been paying storage fees on for 25 years isn't worth a million dollars? Drat!!!!! (LOL)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You mean that my Yugo I have been paying storage fees on for 25 years isn't worth a million dollars? Drat!!!!! (LOL)
Sorry Joe, but you can probably let go of that 73' Vega also. Old school stuff (cars, pickups, motorcycles, tractors, lawn mowers) sells on "nostalgia" for the most part. "My Grandad, Dad, Uncle (fill in the blank) had one", or "I always wanted one of those as a kid". You're actually buying memories, not necessarily technology, or even durability. Granted they did build stuff to make it last longer back in "the day", but then you got to keep in the back of your mind the reason it got parked behind the barn 20 years ago to start with was because it was worn the hell out and somebody got tired of screwing with it to keep it running.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Oh NOOOOOOO! Not my Vega! (LOL)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Us baby-boomers and "nostalgia" is what has kept Harley Davidson and to some extent John Deere going for the last 25 years. Both companies have been carried by product reputations that came from the last century. The equipment they produce today is way over priced for the value received in the purchase. Both have extensive networks of "Legacy" Dealerships for sales/service/parts. The local HD Dealer has been in business since the 1960's and the JD Dealer has been in business since the 1920's. Both act like they are doing you favor by just letting you walk through the door. On the parts end, their Dealerships are absolutely getting killed by on-line, after-market retailers. Once us baby-boomers are gone, both companies are doomed........

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to buy a Yamaha YT6800 Lawn Tractor. Anybody have one they want to sell? Any ideas on finding one? They were only made for about 4 years starting in 1989.

Kevin
I am looking to buy a Yamaha YT6800 Lawn Tractor. Anybody have one they want to sell? Any ideas on finding one? They were only made for about 4 years starting in 1989.

Kevin
715-741-0262. Rick

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
715-741-0262. Rick
Rick - I noticed you've only posted on this forum twice. This forum has been around a long time and one of the cautions you need take is to look at the date on the original post. Kevin_in_Kansas was looking for that Yamaha 18 years ago and if you click on his profile, he doesn't appear to be an active member any longer. Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a phone call. As discussed in this post, parts for any of those old Yamaha mowers are almost impossible to find. It's one of those deals where your machine is probably worth more $$$ parted out and sold on E-bay than it is to repair and sell complete. Bear in mind there probably aren't a handful of people still using there Yamaha to actually mow on a weekly basis. You still see them at vintage lawn tractor shows, but they aren't really something that is sought after by collectors at this time. Give it 20 years and that will change, but they are never going to be on the level of a 1940's Gibson.

That coil is part # JE8-85630-00-00 and of course is NLA (no longer available). You can still come across them used on E-bay, but they are usually over $100. For new.... part # 7LY-85640-01-00 will work as a direct replacement. They run $150 each, but they are even hard to find.

JE8-85630-00-00 Used $110
7LY-85640-01-00 New $147

41 - 54 of 54 Posts