Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a Yamaha YT6800 Lawn Tractor. Anybody have one they want to sell? Any ideas on finding one? They were only made for about 4 years starting in 1989.

Kevin

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Never knew Yamaha made Lawn Tractors but will ask around. Welcome to tractorforum and don't be a stranger around here.:friends:
Jody

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Hi Kevin in Kansas,
I see you have asked in most of the forums with no luck so far. Can I ask why this particular make and model of tractor is of interest? I've done several searches on ebay, Google and Yahoo and come up empty, but who knows what's for sale tomorrow? I'll keep checking. Have you done a web search of Yamaha dealers and asked around to see if any have been traded in? Good luck in your hunt.:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here's a picture of a YT3600 Yamaha Tractor that I have for sale. Just so you can say you seen one. These sold new for $2999.95 and this one will sell for around $ 1500.00 It is a 12hp Yamaha engine with 38" mower. Hydro drive with electric PTO. They used a cast iron housing for the steering gears. Quality was great with shaft drive etc.

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Looks new

amicks that YT looks brand new whoever own it must not have used it much.
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Hey amicks??

That engine looks pretty strangs in that shot. Any info on it? # of cyl, HP,etc? Maybe a shot of the other side?

My first look at the outside picture and I thought "OK just anouther mower" "probably made by MTD"

But that engine shot, you can REALY see the quilty that went in to it. Looks like a real top shelf peice. Anyone know why they stopped making them?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will keep the YT3600 in mind.

That YT3600 looks brand new. However, I've got my heart set on a YT6800. The 6800 is very similar to the 3600, but has 18 HP and 48" cut. The machine retailed for about 4 grand in the early 90's. I had no idea it would be so hard to find one. A google search will find very few hits for "YT6800", one of them being this forum.

·
LT/GT Moderator
597 Posts
My work is selling one for 700 dollars. In Brookfield, WI 262-781-6400. ask for DAVE R. We gotta get rid of her lol.

·
Registered
250 Posts
......Don't ya hate it when that happens?? :D

Done it many times myself! Welcome to the site btw. Look forward to a little intro if you have the time and inclination...

SHARTEL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have Yahama 6800 Lawn Tractor For Sale

This tractor popped one day and I have not got it to run since. It does not have any spark. Other than that it is in pretty good shape. Call Pete at 815-778-3617 This is in Illinois. Asking $750 or best offer.

Pete C

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yt6800

Another of the engine.
I have a YT6800 and I use to love it and I guess I still do considering Im thinking on buying a rotor assembly for it that is 400.00 to hopefully fix the starting problem I have with it

If you do buy one remember this they are rare and hard to find parts for and to have anyone work on them and even when you do they cost alot to repair but they run like no other mower so i guess you get what you pay for good luckByeBye

1 - 20 of 54 Posts