Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an old craftsman 16" chainsaw, an all metal one. I think it is an old homelite made saw because it has the metal toggle kill switch like a homelite and is "homelite red". This saw is in remarkably good cosmetic condition and runs well. I went to sears parts to get a new chain and the price was $19.01. I am thinking I can get one cheaper than that if I knew what other (cheaper) chains fit it.

:confused:

Is anyone knowledgeable in this area and can steer me in the right direction? The sears model # is 358.352350

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by Ed_GT5000
I got an old craftsman 16" chainsaw, an all metal one. I think it is an old homelite made saw because it has the metal toggle kill switch like a homelite and is "homelite red". This saw is in remarkably good cosmetic condition and runs well. I went to sears parts to get a new chain and the price was $19.01. I am thinking I can get one cheaper than that if I knew what other (cheaper) chains fit it.

:confused:

Is anyone knowledgeable in this area and can steer me in the right direction? The sears model # is 358.352350
Give these guys a call. I have had very good experiences with them and they can make you a chain that fits for a very good price.

Baileys

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Rural King also carries chains and bars for Homelite saws too. You need to determine what tooth pitch the chain is. Baileys can help you with that too but here is the link to Rural King.

click here

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading your post, I found that I need a 3/8" pitch low profile chain. Baileys has one listed for around $10.00. I am going to look at wal-mart first but that seems to be a good price. If Baileys are lowest I will buy from them.

Thanx for the info.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Be sure to properly match the number of drive links i.e. that last number in the chain description (72SG-59C) I have a Homelite Super 2 with a 14" bar that takes a 52 link chain. This is a big deal as the wrong link pitch will not last long and will tear up the drive sprocket. Good luck on the chain search. The guys at Bailey's I am sure will help you out. Very good company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts