Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by admin

--- Hell, I would pay more for food if I knew that it was grown on small farms with safe and careful guidelines and helping to patronize families instead of MEGAFARM conglomerates....
That's is what a lot of small specialty farmers are praying for. When enough consumers get fed up with tasteless chicken, pork and beef, and when they're openly concerned, as you are, as to just what are they eating along with there beef, the pendulum will swing back in favor of the small farm.

This is a hot subject for me because it is the MEGAFARM conglomerates that are putting the squeeze on the small farmer. But now some of their greedy ways are coming back to bite them right in their greedy asses with all the press they're receiving on Ecoli and the like.

Look at Monsanto patenting corn seed. Just so you'll have to buy it from them, and that's just the tip of the iceberg...It was hte Monsantos' of the world that got the farmer dependent on manufactured fertilizers for production that caused them to loose sight of good land stewardship......I'll stop for now because I could go on and on and on and on.:furious:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.