Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 800 series which I know isn’t a 8 or 9n but y’all know so much about the various parts. N fixes so thought I’d start here.

the right hand leveling arm bent, so I replaced it but now the new one isn’t extending enough to make the right front of my bush hog level with the left side , see pictures

I got.a good deal on two replacements but I’m not sure what im doing wrong with it, the spare arm extends just fine as the other did before Iput it on but now handle only goes so far and no more

So how do I fix this and tips on these leveling arms and lift issue are welcomed
Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Grass

Plant Grass Wood Gas Tints and shades

Musical instrument Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grass

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread

Plant Automotive tire Grass Garden tool Fender

Motor vehicle Wood Gas Auto part Automotive tire

Blue Natural material Wood Tool Electric blue

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Wood Wheel

Bicycle part Wood Gas Composite material Metal

Blue Red Cylinder Gas Tints and shades

·
Super Moderator
1,257 Posts
So, it’s not extending as much as it should? You might have a pebble stuck in it that has embedded itself in the worm gear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly thing is I haven’t used it hogging yet, also since I’m not getting the same amount of lift in the non adjustable leveling arm , couldn’t I just replace it with the other spare ? Seems like that would just make it simpler

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last picture is how far the new one extends mounted, pic above that is the bent leveling arm
Bush hog when I raise it up full is got a huge lean angle

Plant Grass Wood Gas Tints and shades

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread

Are you screwing it the right direction to extend? From the picture it looks like you have it screwed in…which shortens the adjuster. B.
You’d have to ask my wife about my screwing direction, cosmo likes to tell her it’s. Not long enough n needs extending lmao

I thought I was it’s pretty hard to turn either way, I’ll give that a try and see , it’s like it don’t want to move with any load on it ,maybe take that side loose n try extending?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts