Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend Tom has a Leyland 472 4x4 Synchro-shift for sale. He doesn't have internet so I am posting it for him. This is a 72 HP 4WD tractor, Engine runs, but smokes so it is most likely due for an engine overhaul. Tires good. Tom bought with intent on fixing up and using but his wife has health concerns and he doesn't have time to work on it. He will sell at a loss for $3,400.
This machine is located in Gallatin, (Columbia County) NY.
His phone # is (518) 398-6611
Pic below.

Sale pending as of 5/27/04 from overseas so don't know if it will materialize. If check not received by 6/ 4/04 this will be again for sale.
Tom (my friend) had it running and it doesn't smoke that bad as reported. Oil somewhat dirty and diluted. He may just change the oil and see if it improves and then price will increase.
Tractor is again for sale as of 5/28/04.
Please see my warning post below.

Tractor has been SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Wow, $3,400 for that HUGE tractor? Must be a rock-bottom price. I know you say it needs engine overhaul, but still even with $6000 into it, you would have one HEAVY DUTY tractor there.

Wow. :D Sorry to hear of your friend's health concerns. We wish him the very best.

Andy

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks

Yes, his wife is undergoing chemo and he wants to devote his time to her. I was going to help him do the overhaul but his situation dictates otherwise. For 3400 and throw in say 3K it would be a steal for someone looking for a tractor that size.

I absolutely love this site!!!!!!!very impressive, easy to navigate, and lots of good people and info. My compliments and thanks to adminstration for all their hard work. Thanks, Harry Gubler

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WARNING FROM "OVERSEAS" scam.

I feel it necessary to warn all those members that I have received 4 inquiries allegedly from overseas buyers that I believe to be of a less than honest nature. They may be in fact domestic people trying to make a quick buck or "score". Here is how it works. They act like they are interested in buying your sale item for a client. They act real friendly and ask you if they send you a check way above the asking price to then go cash it at a checking place and forward a partial amount(about 1/3rd of check) to their shipper(usually in Canada). So I have 4 "overeseas" buyers that want me to cash a check for 8000 USD and forward 3 to 4 K to their shipper. Well by the time the check comes back as bogus you are left holding the bag so to speak. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a scam. Don't be duped into believing they are genuous as they are not. They will even offer more than you are asking just to dupe you. So please read and be warned. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Best Regards, Harry G

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Unbelievable. I would love to go through with these scammers, attach GPS tracking to the tractor, along with a fleet of AH-64s following it to the homes of these unscrupulous individuals. "Sure send the $, I am sending the tractor" --- They will be in for a BIG SURPRISE --- especially after I run the tractor over them a few times for good measure. Can you imagine how many times these people have ripped people off with no consequences?

Mostly 99% of these head back to Nigeria where they sit around all day in the protection of their local police and government to execute these fraudulent practices, including but not limited to kidnapping, extortion and murder associated with these scams. Where did you post this tractor for sale, besides here? Ebay?
Poorly copied fake cashier checks and promises (usually with really bad english) to pay you more if you would cash the check and pay a client in the US, and then send the shipment out before you realize that the check is fake. I just get so sick of all of these scams. People need to find something else to do with their time.

Hellfire AGM-114 missiles would work good in this situation though. :D

BOOM to the SCAMMERS! :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
wow 3400$ that seems way too low.. hope his wife is ok...
and i hope someone here could use a tractor like that...

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Re: Thanks

Originally posted by HarryG
Yes, his wife is undergoing chemo and he wants to devote his time to her. I was going to help him do the overhaul but his situation dictates otherwise. For 3400 and throw in say 3K it would be a steal for someone looking for a tractor that size.

I absolutely love this site!!!!!!!very impressive, easy to navigate, and lots of good people and info. My compliments and thanks to adminstration for all their hard work. Thanks, Harry Gubler
BTW, I am sorry to hear this about his wife with regards to her cancer treatment. I have a sister-in-law that has advanced stages of ovarian cancer and know first hand the torture and problems associated with this regime. I wish the family the best.

Thanks for the kind words on the site. It is a work in progress and the results are the efforts of the members and the community that make this board what is has become.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I would love to have it just to restore and keep for my 100-300 acre farm someday. But it is a little far from NY to LA. :D

Andy

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sad times with scammers

I only posted Tom's Leyland here and on ATIS. I did some local flyers but didn't do the E bay thing. We are just 2 working guys selling our tractors. I have one CUB, Tom has the Leyland and a cub for sale. The Leyland runs but smokes but not as bad as he believed it was. Oil is diluted so maybe a change will improve it but maybe not.
I just wanted to warn others of this "scam" from these scammers. I'm sure they have hundreds of these scams going on at once and eventually get some poor soul. I sure some one gets taken every day. Not me, NO way. They used to say "let the buyer beware" now we have to add "Let the seller also beware".
I do like the GPS scenerio!!!!!!!!

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
The only thing about the GPS scenerio is the tractor would never be ship they just want the money.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I do agree

You are absolutely correct. They only want the money. It is one slick SCAM they they perform. Even the embarrassment of getting the check and not sending out/forwarding the money and having your banker telling the check is BOGUS. I'd give some names of the SCAMMERS that contacted me but they use so many BOGUS names such as bash, etc that you could never name them all plus they have many alliases.

SCAMMERS are WEINERS :mad:

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS
UPDATE
I am still getting inquiries from more SCAMMERS This one was so stupid he cut and pasted his/her other potential victims items onto the e mail that was sent to me. How stupid do these people think we are? They must my chewing/smoking Cottin(drug) over in their grass huts somewhere. Everyone of these scammers has the same story"I'm working as an agent for a client that has interest in your item(broken English usually)". May say they are from UK, Netherlands, Europe etc. Same BULL, Same SCAM. I'm almost inclined to agree with them and have them send a check and sit on it just to waste their time. Better yet I'm going to play possum and let them think they have a patsy and just keep leading them on. But the best is to WARN others as to these deceitful methods.

God Bless our Troops, God Bless my son Bobby serving with the the 1st ID (aka The BIG RED ONE ) over in Iraq. Bobby turns 22 years old on May 31st. Rangers lead the way, all the way. Ranger code "Leave no man behind".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts