Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This letter was sent to Spike, at GardenWeb a few minutes ago....
I'm sure it will be deleted from the site within minutes, because I told him some things he doesn't want to hear.....

Spike-
I'm sure you'll delete this thread promptly, because you are afraid for your members to see it. I have been a member of this forum since January, and have always thought it was poorly run. You seem afraid to let members have any say in how things are done around here, and lately, I have detected a petty and vindictive attitude toward those of us who dare to speak up.

Although it is your site, you don't seem to realize that you are driving your members away. Recently, a competitor started to build an increasingly successful website, and that seems to irritate you immensely. Rather than being a gentleman, and welcoming the competition, and using this challenge as a chance to work harder at building a site your members would be loyal to, you chose to show us you were so afraid to compete. I think that you are a coward!

Don't bother sending me to Disneyland.... This is my last post here..... I had actually expected to be a member of both forums, as I saw no reason GardenWeb and the "Other" Forum" shouldn't peacefully coexist. THAT would be beneficial to tractor lovers everywhere, and just because I liked Andy's forum didn't mean I wouldn't patronize yours too. Each site has some very positive aspects, but as you have decided you are afraid of Andy, and will do anything you can to stop him, stop us, and stop any references to the "other" site,

I guess I'm tired of the petty little games you play. Merely mentioning the "other" site in this letter sets off your alarm bells, and I get a anti-spam message!! As we all know, that's not spam... It's just Spike throwing a temper tantrum because he's afraid to compete fairly.

I'll HAPPILY take all my business to the "Other" forum, and imagine most of your other members will eventually do so too.

TractorGuy

FORMER member

How long before he deletes it???

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Funny. I don't feel the least bit threatened by Spike. You know why? I have nothing to worry about --- it was never a popularity contest, nor a competition about keeping the good ole' members, nor about the fancy site vs. the old standby.
It was about making things better for the people and the whole community. Where your intentions are pure and you allow people to speak and act freely, the outcome is always good.

My ideals:
In dwelling, live close to the ground.
In thinking, keep to the simple.
In conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don't try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present.

When you are content to be simply yourself
and don't compare or compete,
everybody will respect you.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update......

As of about 15 minutes ago, I've received E-Mails from about 30-35 GW members. I doubt if I'll receive any more, as Spike has cut me off... Opinions seem to be going about 50-50 on the subject. Apparently, some feel I'm being rude to Spike, and that is their right. Others seem tired of the games he plays. I guess you never know....

If Spike had been a descent person, I would have been happy to be an active member of both forums. I think each has advantages, so in an ideal world, people would not be punished by one site for expressing an interest in the other.

Spike will need to rethink his priorities, or he'll eventually irritate everybody else too, and his site will be far less fun (and far less informational) at that point....

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Good post

Tractorguy at least yours got to stay longer then 3 mins:lmao: jack909 had spike delete mine in less then 5min and then he comes over here and starts calling me names. I didnt bash garden web i was just trying to show how much better this forum is. I was doing some joking about disney but that is something to joke about.:p But thanks to jack909 not to many people got to see it over there.:cry: :lmao:
Jody:usa:

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, Jay_NJ, that was not "the" Spike. Nor was it "the" Spike who posted here at TF a few times previous. It's just someone having a little fun with us. I thought it was funny when he posted something like "Hey, ever visit the tractor forum at GardenWeb.com? It's great!" I thought it was funny when he asked Andy if he was going to take contributions, too. But I knew my leg was being pulled....Didn't Andy?

Andy, if you don't realize that the Spike posting here is not the GW Spike, then maybe your thinking is a little too simple.

Andy, you didn't make up the Spike character that posted here, did you?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not the same Spike...

I just heard from him via PM, and according to what the guy says, He is not "the" Spike.

Apparently, we now have our very own Spike, whose only mission in life is "Chain-Yanking"...... so I guess things could be very interesting around here for awhile!!!

I visualize GW-Spike as a fat dumpy guy with a cigar stained T-Shirt. Our very own replica spike could easily be a J-LO clone.... or perhaps look vaguely like Rosanne Barr!!!!

Oh God, I hope not!!!!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Heeey

Tractorguy, I didn't think you would out me like that. That's why I did the personal email. Anyway, anyone who reads this, don't spill the secret. Let's have some fun.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:eek:mg: It could be that [ evencut ] is Spike since he is a new member here and has no background information (location) or otherwise and he/she seems to know Spike very well as to his/her being a personal spokesman for her/him. :clap: :duh:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Outting"

Heh Spike-
What else is there about you we need to know???? The National Enquirer is on the phone, and I needed some juicy gossip for them......

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Could it be

kromedome maybe?:eek:mg: or the devil in disguise:devil: :quiet: Flbeard come on lets have the truth:truth: :smiles:
Jody:usa:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Not much to say

Don't think you will find me in the Enquirer since I've been holed up in my bedroom for the past three years. Haven't even seen sunlight during that time.

Brittany has wanted me to move to London w/her, but I can't leave my post here.

I have a bad case of tractor envy, and I guess I tend to take it out on fellow contributors. Makes me feel good.

I'll be tied up later this morning. Need to catch the Sharon Osborne show....I miss Wapner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts