Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it is time for me to get off my butt and put up the lattice around my shed. My question is recommendations on attaching. Around the top, it is easy, the bottom is the question.

I could go the lazy route and buy landscaping timbers, put a 12 inch spike through it and attach the lattice. I could just throw the timbers on the ground, but that just doesn't seem right. It's not like the lattice is going to move or take any load. I though about hammering in wood stakes... one at each end, and one in the middle and then attaching to it, but I think that is out. I keep ending back at landscaping timbers, with a spike to hold it in place.

So the question is, what should I attach the bottom part of the lattice too?

Shed 12 X 20

one side of shed is 2 inch off the ground going towards back which is 12 inches off the ground.

other side is 3 feet going to 4 feet.

Yup, really, yes, this is sitting on the side of a hill. Sounds worse than it actually is.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crap... someone remembered. Nope, found other things to take my attention. I really need to do it even more now that it is public that I am avoiding the project. Heck, I even went and bought a snow plow on Friday and put it together to avoid the lattice job

:wow:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still avoiding the lattice... it's raining

I think I will attach at the top and corners. I will probably do a lawn timber at the bottom on the highsides and nothing on the low side since it is less than a foot on the one side. My to-do list gets added to daily/weekly and the lattice keep dropping down in the list.

For instance, Thursday night. Disconnect and clear a room out to get ready for carpet on Friday. Saturday, completely take apart a couch and loveseat that are recliners (lazyboy... or should it be crappyboy) so the seats can be re-apolstered (sp?).

- got some painting to do. (or should I say avoid)
-need to put in the shower doors I bought two weeks ago.
- still need to move one of the junction stations for the sprinkler system.
- need to replace some bad parts on the grill
- mow.. mostly pickup leaves.
- blow the leaves out of the play area

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn... I should delete this thread. You guys/gals are worst than my wife :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Okay. I can honetly say that I will *think* about it this weekend. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jody --> Hmmm, that sound interesting... I'll have to think about that.

Sound like the discussion I had with my 9 year old last night helping her write a sentence for homework. I was trying to tell her to not use the word "it". I said...

"Don't use the word it, use the word for it that it is instead of it, that way people will now what it is." She got a good laugh out of that one and actually understood what I was saying :D

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Bought the landscaping timbers, took them down to the shed... there they sit. Ended up doing to many other things and didn't get around to installing them or the lattice. Always another day.

I ended up re-assembing the couch and love seat since re-apolstered seats came back. I also did 31 bags of leaves. Crud load of branches. I'm tired and it's dark and raining. Maybe *next* weekend. :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm just going to stape/nail it to the lawn timbers. Staple/nail it to the floor on the top. I am undecided if I will use the sloted pieces to join in the middle and corners.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
OMG.... how do I delete this thread LOLL

I moved the pile of lawn timbers the other day *closer* to the shed, does that count as working on the lattic?

Here is my current excuse:

I am having the basement finished. There is a lot of work for me going on down there from wiring the phones and cable outlets to wiring the home theater and ceramic counter top in bar area. I've still have to nail down the design for the ceramic around the fireplace. OH... fired the painter and the new painter is re-doing nearly everything. Too much work going on inside to play out side.

Oh, come to find out, when I had the asphalt path put in, I had the contractor run PVC to the shed so I could do electricity down there. Well, go the eletrician doing the basement to put it in AND... the @%[email protected]#'ing PVC is all @%#$$'ed up. Now I have to fix that mess too.

Lattice... moving further and further down the list.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Why up? I now have to fix the PVC wiring conduit before putting up the lattice. I have more things at the top of the list.

Not sure which is getting longer, my list of to-do's or my excuses LOLL

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Still moving stuff from the garage to the basement. Was up until 3:00am last night playing with wiring the electronics. Going to be looking out the window at the lattice stuff for a while, guess I have to put up with the bashing LOLL

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
crap... guess what I didn't get around to this weekend :D

I did however install some hardwood stairs, mowed the lawn, hung an attic ladder, painted some trim... oh, and I moved the lawn timbers that I am going to use for some lattice... they keep getting in the way. I'm really gettting tired of moving those things around the shed. :furious:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Now my next problem... I'm helping my dad put in the footers from his shed. Just got back. I have this feeling that I will be building his shed and putting lattice on his before mine... GEEEEZZZZ :furious:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
4 damn pages of "When". Still avoiding it. Been doing other stuff as usual. OMG, at this rate I'll probably sell my house before I do it.

The lawn timbers are still laying on the ground 5 feet from the shed LOLL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.