Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
Joined
·
5,317 Posts
It still looks to be in good shape what kind of work do you need to do to it.
Jody
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's some body work but t
he motor needs work plugs, points, coil, paint, starder got new coil and plugs just to much snow to pull start it
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey parts man the starter does not work whats wrong it makes noise do l need a new one if so do you have one?????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
come on guys

so where's your pics of your masseys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
Originally posted by jbetts13
hey parts man the starter does not work whats wrong it makes noise do l need a new one if so do you have one?????
jbetts, what kind of noise does it make? Is the starter motor turning and not engageing?
If the starter motor is turning but not engageing that would be the starter drive. If it's been sitting for a while it could just be stuck. Remove the starter and free up the gear on the shaft, oil it up and see if that improves the situation.
If it is grinding, that would be a worn drive/ring gear. If the drive is worn, replacing it is sometimes enough to get you by, but by the time it's grinding, the ring gear is ussually worn too.
Let us know what it is doing and we can take it from there.:cowboy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by parts man
jbetts, what kind of noise does it make? Is the starter motor turning and not engageing?
If the starter motor is turning but not engageing that would be the starter drive. If it's been sitting for a while it could just be stuck. Remove the starter and free up the gear on the shaft, oil it up and see if that improves the situation.
If it is grinding, that would be a worn drive/ring gear. If the drive is worn, replacing it is sometimes enough to get you by, but by the time it's grinding, the ring gear is ussually worn too.
Let us know what it is doing and we can take it from there.:cowboy:
l don't think it is engageing
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: come on guys

Originally posted by caseman-d
Well I do have to admitt I don't have one, I will attach a picture of one that pulls at local pulls here. Hope you enjoy it.
caseman-d
thats one strong tractor is it yours
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by bear
jbetts heres a shot of my 555 diesel

Thats a nice MH alot bigger then mine how long have to had it ??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: come on guys

Originally posted by caseman-d
Well I do have to admitt I don't have one, I will attach a picture of one that pulls at local pulls here. Hope you enjoy it.
caseman-d
thats a nice MF do you have any Cases would like too see them my step dad had a Case 350 with loader
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by parts man
K, take the starter off and loosen up the drive gear on the worm. Oil it up well and rty it out. Let us know how that works out.
ok thanks Parts Man well try it and ones l try it l will let you know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
have had it a couple years it came in a package deal wasn't going to keep it at first but it runs nice and doesn't look to bad. will get to painting it 1 of these years
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey bear when you paint it we would love to see some pic or you can drive it here and l would buy it lol whats the price be on thats kind of tractor
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top