Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kubota TG1860G ate it's main drive belt. I purchased the new belt but I'm unsure of how to run it and I can't find any reference, photos of how the belt is run or manuals where I can see exactly how it's run. I was a jet aircraft mechanic and they don't have belts! I appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Howdy Sixbales, thank you, the diagram ending in 45333.pdf is it. I actually did have it on right but I think I might have bought the wrong belt. As soon as I tested it out I started smelling burning rubber so I parked it right back in the barn.

Thanks again Sixbales, I appreciate your help.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I've read on the internet that your mower has a bad reputation for eating belts, so you might as well keep all the belt diagrams for future reference. If you happen to find a "kevlar" belt as a replacement, these are super-tough and cost only a few bucks more.

You can find the part numbers for the belt below the parts diagram, but there are changes with serial number breaks, so you must find your tractor's serial number to order the correct belt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I read that too. Thanks to the link you gave me I also found out that the belt size for this tractor is serial number specific, which is probably why I'm burning this new belt. It may also be why some people are eating a lot of belts. Although I understand there is a problem that Kubota has acknowledged. Messick's notes to call with your serial number for the correct belt, so that's what I'm going to do. Thanks again Sixbales.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, thanks Rockenroller, that's actually the deck drive belt which Kubota call the "drive belt". It turns out that Kubota calls the one I needed the engine drive belt. I also found out that this belt is serial number specific. Once I had that information I was able to order the correct belt through Messick. I installed it the other day and it works great, don't know how long it will last but it's working for now. Thanks everyone for your help, much appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hopefully your belt will last, heat, due slippage and poor alignment lead to premature belt failure, I would suggest belt dressing if you hear any screeching. As per usual, quick acceleration/deceleration will also shorten the belts lifespan. Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.