Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have 3.3 hours on my Kubota L4300F. It's quite a step up from my Farmall 140. Plenty of strength and good maneuverablilty. I've bush hogged with it, dragged tree limbs, and pulled up some brush and small trees. No problems at all. I'll be plowing a field soon with a 2 bottom plow, it should easily handle that.

I will be in the market for a finish mower soon. I'm considering a 6ft King Kutter from Tractor Supply. (Side discharge at $1164 and rear discharge at $1305) Anyone use a King Kutter finish mower and how's its performance and reliability?

Agri Supply has an Italian made 6 ft rear discharge for $1155 or so. Its brand name is Caroni or Marconi?? I'm not totally sure. Anyone use this brand? Is it worth saving $150 to buy the Agri Supply Italian brand when future parts availability may be as cloudy and uncertain as George Bush's ad lib speeches. Prices on Woods 6 ft rear discharge are just over $2000. Thanks.

NCBill

·
Registered
497 Posts
Bill. I have the KK RFM. I have used it for 3 seasons now and love it. It is side discharge. I have never had a problem with it. It finishes very nicely and it never leaves rows, even if I skip a cut or 5 (yes 5).

You can't go wrong with the KK mowers as far as I am concerned. It cuts great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't gotten a finish mower yet. Unless some bargain falls out of the sky, I'll likely get a KK from Tractor Supply. Not decided on side or rear discharge yet. I've now got 25+ hrs on my Kubota and it's still doing fine. Still might wind up getting some front weights. Only problem seems to be after several hours of use, the diesel in the fuel tank disappears and I have to put more in. The finish mower may wait a while, I had a pond rebuilt and so far not a bit of grass has volunteered. I'll have to sow some fescue in March and will be mowing by mid to late April. Then I may need a finish mower unless the wife "volunteers" to get on my Huskee mower and take a few laps around the yard and pond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts