• Kubota L3301HST

• Kioti CK3510HST

• I prefer a wheelbarrow and rake

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My last post disappeared so I'll try again...

There's a poll attached to this post so please vote and help me out!

I'm trying to decide between a new Kubota L3301HST and a new Kioti CK3510HST. I'll be doing both loader work and brush hogging in about 4 acres. I'm listing some pros of each below. Here's what I'm thinking:

Kubota L3301HST pros:
- I have 2 Kubota dealers about 30 miles away while there are 2 Kioti dealers about 75 miles away.
- Kubota seems to have a strong track record while I've heard stories that suggest Kioti may be less reliable, but I have no first-hand experience so judging reliability of a new CK3510HST model isn't easy. Some people love their Kioti tractors.
- Hydraulic hoses run inside loader arms, more secure and protected from tree branches, etc.

Kioti CK3510HST pros:
- Stronger loader, according to the specs anyway.
- More fully adjustable seat and available tilt steering wheel.
- Loader joystick is mounted near the driver seat, possibly reducing fatigue after hours of loader use.
- Has dual forward/reverse pedals versus the Kubota's treadle pedal. I'm just assuming I'd like the dual pedals better, but I know I'll get used to whatever I have.

So disregarding price (assume they're both in your budget), which would you choose and why?

There's a poll attached to this post so please vote and comment here as to why.

Thanks in advance, everybody!

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I would choose the Kubota, reason being that Kioti has been in the US market time and again and then dropped out stranding their owners. But, keep in mind I am a farmer and I have an expectation the tractor dealer and support will be around for decades in some form or another. I have ended up with stranded tractors, and the cost of downtime when parts are unavailable is astronomical.

·
298 Posts
I would choose the Kubota, reason being that Kioti has been in the US market time and again and then dropped out stranding their owners.
???.
No they haven't.
They have been here since 1986.
In 1993 Daedong USA was formed
They only offered a few models till 1999 when the first DK model came out.http://www.kioti.com/about-us/

·
Registered
25 Posts
My kioti hasn't had to go back yet, mowing, brush hog , loader, and backhoe all run fine, put it through the ringer while clearing the land for pr new house and it always came through

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My kioti hasn't had to go back yet, mowing, brush hog , loader, and backhoe all run fine, put it through the ringer while clearing the land for pr new house and it always came through
How long have you had it?
I ended up getting the Kubota and so far I really like it. Only thing that's maybe not ideal is its "treadle pedal" but I'm getting used to it.

·
298 Posts
I've owned my Kioti DK 35 for 18 years (2001 model, currently has 2187 hours)
Tractor has never been back to the dealer.
Any parts I have ever needed I order online and they are at my door in a few days.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I started clearing land with other orange tractor I borrowed.... it actually went back to dealer for repairs, A friend of his had a kioti, he brought and man did it work. The man had several tractors so he let us keep here for awhile, I ended up buying one to keep. It pulls, lifts, cuts, and keeps going. So I've had mine several months but been using one for around 3 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts