1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Kubota L2950 Hydrayulic Problems

Discussion in 'Repair & Technical Discussion' started by fastcw, Jun 30, 2013.

1. fastcw

fastcw New Member

Jun 30, 2013
    I have a almost total failure of steering, front end loader and 3 point system.

The first thing I noticed was that the steering was not responding and drifting. In a couple of minutes all 3 systems started to fail. The steering mostly free wheels, and then will catch and steer a little, and the front end loader would raise enough so that I could drive back to the shop.

My understanding is that the hydraulic pump is two pumps in the same housing, and that the steering is separate from the other circuits. If that is true, it would seem that the pump is not getting fluid from the sump.

No service manual. I have the Operators manual, and have checked the fluid levels. I don't have a clue on what to do next.

2. tractor beam

tractor beam ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS Staff Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Priest River, Idaho
    Welcome to the forum Fastcw! I'm suspecting that either your hydraulic pick up screen is plugged up or your filter is. I'm not certain where the suction screen is on your machine, but I'll bet if you get to looking around, you'd be able to locate the access point for it. You'll of course need to drain the fluid first. I hope this helps!