Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member from the UK. Have a Kubota GR2100 Lawn Tractor, 2008, 629 hours. Just renewed PTO wet clutch (the one that drives the three cutting blades on the 48 inch deck) New filter and new Kubota UDT hydraulic oil used on refill. All worked fine but after 1 hour of grass cutting with no noise or vibrations the tractor drive just stopped working. The forward and reverse pedal no longer has any effect. The raising and lowering of the cutting deck still operates, power steering still operates but no drive to the wheels. I have a Glidesteer model with 4wd. No oil leaks and hydraulic fluid level is fine. Removed rear wheel from LH side of tractor and moved linkage from pedal and the hub turns very slowly but with no force, you can stop it with your hand. All linkages from the forward/reverse pedal to transmission case fully operational and nothing detached. HELP

·
Registered
896 Posts
Does the hydraulics for the power steering and raising lowering the deck come from the transmission, or another pump on the engine?
If trasmission, I'd look more at the rear differential (not sure how the awd works on that one)
If engine, I'd look more towards what connects the engine to the transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As the whole system works on a HST system (Hydrostatic), no gears and no clutch, there is only one pump located at the rear of the tractor in the transmission housing which is connected to the engine through an engine drive shaft. It appears there is no flow from wherever the pump is (have not found any external bolt on pump) but the oil pipes appear to have no oil flowing through them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jacked up the Kubota today to have a look around hydraulic pipe runs but no leaks and no sign of anything odd? Put wheels back on and lowered tractor down and started the engine and forward and reverse motion was working again. I could drive the tractor but after about 50 yards the forward/reverse pedal stop working and no reaction when moving the pedal. Really confused now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts