Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new member and a rookie tractor owner. I just need advice as to what is a better attachment for my tractor. I have 6 acres and it is out of control weed and grass wise. I have goats and sheep but they can't keep up especially during spring so I am trying to decide between a 4"' frail or rough mower pto attachments. Ground is level for the most part. Any arguments in favor or against would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
Welcome to the forum avgwhtman, glad you came by.
I have neither, so I really don't have an opinion. I'd say the flail is a bit more roughshod, but quick and less prone to plugging up, but not something you'd want to mow your lawn with. The brush hog or rotary mower would probably be a bit more versatile, but would be slower in deep grass than the flail.... just my thoughts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, I am a new member and a rookie tractor owner. I just need advice as to what is a better attachment for my tractor. I have 6 acres and it is out of control weed and grass wise. I have goats and sheep but they can't keep up especially during spring so I am trying to decide between a 4" frail or rough mower pto attachments. Ground is level for the most part. Any arguments in favor or against would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum avgwhtman, glad you came by.

I have neither, so I really don't have an opinion. I'd say the flail is a bit more roughshod, but quick and less prone to plugging up, but not something you'd want to mow your lawn with. The brush hog or rotary mower would probably be a bit more versatile, but would be slower in deep grass than the flail.... just my thoughts.
member: 73695"
Thank You, I won't be using it for any lawn cutting and I have a rider for that. I forgot to mention that I have a plethora of blackberries too. It appears the frail might be my pick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts