Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of re-assembling my overhauled K341. So far, governor/cross shaft, cam, main bearings, and crank are all in. Installed rings upside down on the piston, and in the process of reversing them, I snapped the top compression ring. So, while waiting on another set of rings, I decided to install the bearing plate. I'm not sure where I found the specs, but I believe it was a Kohler parts manual, that referred to 3/8 course thread bolts by 1 1/4" for the bearing plate, and 3/8"x1 1/2" for the oil pan. So I grabbed some grade 8 flange bolts and started drawing the plate down.

Worked great all the way down to the last ~3/16"....I believe the bolts are bottomed out in the block
20210117_113541.jpg
20210117_113554.jpg
. So, my question is, can I use a couple flat washers and a lock washer to "shim" the bolts so I can draw the plate tight and torque it? I test fitted the stator and it seems like there will be plenty of clearance.

Is there any reason I can't do this? I can run back to town to get shorter fasteners if not, just prefer to save the trip.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Hello Dig, welcome to the forum.

First check that the holes are not filled with debris.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts