Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help finding the model number on my 14 hp kohler,where would it be located, i need to get a head gasket for it(at least that is what i think it is haven't taken it apart yet)and getting a gasket without the model number is near impossible.

·
Premium Member
4,166 Posts
What model tractor is this engine in? That would at least give us a time frame to reference off of.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
It should be on the fan housing if the tag is still there. I it an older motor? If so the old Kohler 14hp single should be a K321. you MAY need a searil number though that I can't help you with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I didn't give all the info I was in a hurry when I posted.The 14 hp is on a Deutz-Allis 1914 Ultima. And I think the tag may be gone of the housing.And if I am not mistaken they were made in about '86 I think?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
yup should be a K321 then. I have a post a bit father down about a rebuild I am doing on one, and also a post in the "Ingersoll" about the rebuild of my tractor that has pictures. See if that looks the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i think thats it,i felt some air blowing out between the head and the block right around the exhaust, sounded like an exhaust leak at first but then i felt the air commoing out where it shouldn't.and get this my father-in-law said "as long as it's still runnin i wouldn't touch it!"i thought to myself, "WHAT???????????????".I CAN'T BELIEVE HE EVEN SAID THAT!:confused: :truth: .anyway it backfired real loud earlier that same day so i think it blew the gasket when it did,i shut it off in kind of a hurry cause the wife had just pulled up and i had to tell here something real quick before she went in.i knew better but wasn't thinking never idled it dow or nothin,just turned the key off.:twoonone:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Just picked up one for mine. the Kohler part # is 47-04115-s

Thats the one I just got.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it is a kohler.well i tore down the head yesterday and sure enough the gasket was blown and the reason was a loose head bolt.had a litle carbon builod up but looked pretty good,cleaned yp the head and the top of the piston.going to try and find a gasket locally today don't know if i am going to be lucky enough to find someone with one in stock.thanks to everyone for all the help.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Maybe you can find the gasket localy, if not you might give the link a look. I am not real sure about buying things on the web sometimes. Things looks great in pictures and you think you are ordering the right thing and when it shows up it is not. You are then stuck mailing it back fighting for credit!!! Best of luck and let us know how it works out!:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, found the gasket locally, they actually had like twelve of them so i bought two,hey, ya never know.thanks again to everyone who replied and helped.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
I figured they would have it. If I am not mastaken all the K singles 12-16hp head gaskets are the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, put the gasket on friday night and mowed saturday and man what a difference. found out one of the head bolts was loose,looked like it had been loose for awhile i just never noticed till it was to late.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. All were studs but two, and the studs were tight, but the two bolts were lose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts