Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Massey Ferguson 135 tractor come to find out that the power steering is not working, added fluid but did not do
any good, where should i start to check, how can i tell if power steering pump is working, don't have ant leaks.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Good Morning koenton, welcome to the forum.

You PS system may be air-locked. Jack up the front axle for ease of steering. Check that the PS reservoir is full. Steer full right. Refill reservoir. Steer full left. Refill reservoir. That should do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Morning koenton, welcome to the forum.

You PS system may be air-locked. Jack up the front axle for ease of steering. Check that the PS reservoir is full. Steer full right. Refill reservoir. Steer full left. Refill reservoir. That should do it.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Is the PS fluid red in color? If so, use dexron fluid. Leave the cap on the reservoir to prevent any fluid escape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To Harvey W
Thanks for getting back with me, I opened up power steering pump and no fluid in pump
Added Fluid and turned steering to left about 3 times then turned right about 3 times
but did not have it running, read latter and should have had it running but after turning left and right i put wheels straight and filled pump up to the bottom of threads then put plug back in and cranked it up but didn't do any good
That was yesterday, rained all day today and didn't get to work on it today. I do have to leave it open when i turn the wheel to get air out then cut off engine to fill it back to hole threads.
Thanks Will in Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Harvy W
Will do that when i Can, twisted my ankle and can't work on tractor till my ankle gets better, it is swelled up and can't get on it in a few days.
Thanks for the help you have given me
Ps Will get back with you asap. Thanks again
Will in
Roll tide country

1 - 9 of 9 Posts