EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
These look like a Kubota knockoff to me:tellyou: :smiles:
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems to be a pretty common impression at first but they are Korean made and Kubota's are Japanese.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Kioti is not a knock off as one might think as earlier said they are So. Korean made. They are from Daedong and a excellent seemingly excellent machine. Much heavier than the Kubotas and far better prices.

I do not own one but have really looked at them and priced them and find them to be pretty good machines. Having said this I am a fan of the So. Korean made machines as I feel they are more feature rich and better built than the Japanese machines now available.

Some tractors made in So. Korea are LG Montanas by LG Agricultural Machinery, Long by LG Agricultural Machinery, some TAFE by LG Agricultural Machinery, Kioti by Daedong, Century and Branson by Kukje Corp. and Kukje also makes some JD models & finally TYM (I think some Mahindras not absolute on this).

I think the So. Koreans are making major in roads in the U.S. CUT market and will continue to do so as they are excellent in engineering, priced afforadably and very reliable.

I think I got the manufacturers right but if I missed please let me know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I drive by a Kioti dealer on my way home from work. He isn't open by the time I get there, but the tractors looks pretty nice as I drive by:D (but then all tractors look nice as I drive by;) )

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a Kioti DK65C in August and have about 75 hours on it now. Great machine, set up well, plenty of power, handles everything I'm needed for it to do.

I'm sold on it and certainly recommend it. Price was right too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kioti Tractor

I can't think of a company that doesn't capitalize on innovations or ideas of others.

None the less, I have found the Kioti to be a good piece of equipment, and I compared it to the Kubota at dealers only 10 miles apart. Drove them both and liked the weight and set up on the Kioti better.

So far I'm well satisfied.

I find it interesting that Kioti has been sold in the U.S. since about 1984 or so and has always been the color it is now. Kubota didn't file suit until Kioti started cutting into their sales.

·
294 Posts
Hello everyone.
I am a new member here.
Always good to hear from you Chief.
I've owned a Kioti DK 35 for 4 years now. No complaints here.. I like it, working real well for me.
I have around 710 hours on it , only thing I've had break so far is a tachometer cable which was an $8 part.

·
Registered
240 Posts
welcome to the board DKVince... I believe we've talked before..maybe as lamarbur or larryb

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
From what I have seen, the bigger units (45 & up), seem to be ok, but I'm not impressed by the 30 and under (not seen a 35). A friend has a CK30 and, besides live PTO, my 8N out performs it. It will handle loader work better, but any "farming" the Ford will do it quicker and better. Of course, the Ford was designed for farming, the CK30 wasn't! This is just one guys HO, not a rail - just tellin' ya what I seen!:hide:

·
294 Posts
Originally posted by Lamar Holland
welcome to the board DKVince... I believe we've talked before..maybe as lamarbur or larryb
Hello Larry..
Yes we have talked many times before.
Good to hear from you again also :hello:

·
294 Posts
Originally posted by Fordfarm
From what I have seen, the bigger units (45 & up), seem to be ok, but I'm not impressed by the 30 and under (not seen a 35). A friend has a CK30 and, besides live PTO, my 8N out performs it. It will handle loader work better, but any "farming" the Ford will do it quicker and better. Of course, the Ford was designed for farming, the CK30 wasn't! This is just one guys HO, not a rail - just tellin' ya what I seen!:hide:
I think this has more to do with using a machine for what is was designed for more than it has to do with tractor brand.
Example if you buy a Kubota 3030, New Holland TC 29, Kioti CK 30, Etc. and use them for farming, chances are you are going to be disapointed and the 8N is going to outperform these machines in that area.
Take these same machines and use them for gradeing your driveway, loader work, snow blowing/plowing your driveway, landscaping your yard, mowing the lawn, tilling your garden, Etc. these same machines will likely easily outperform the 8N in these area's. Not because they are better machines, simply because that is what they were designed for.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
DK35vince! Welcome to the Best Board !!!tiphat :spinsmile

·
294 Posts
Originally posted by Archdean
DK35vince! Welcome to the Best Board !!!tiphat :spinsmile
Thank you..
I just recently found this site. Looks good.
I'll try to stick around and join in more often..

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome Vince! :friends: :cheers: Glad to see that you found us. Please feel free to join in all you want. We welcome yours and everyone's active participation. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
CK20 HST TLB

This is my second tractor it has been very reliable and for its size has plenty of power. In Newhampshire Kioti has proven to be a very dependable tractor

·
cedarheaven
14 Posts
Kioti Tractor

When I purchased my DK-45 in Grants Pass, OR the salesman (Runaway Tractor) told me to keep an eye out as the frame bolts would work loose after working the tractor for a few hours. I was somewhat skeptical as I have had numerous pieces of equipment and trucks for logging. This is when Kioti had a 2 year warranty. After the second season and just days before my warranty was up I called Kioti and told them of my problem, thinking that I could encourage them to replace the frame bolts at a Kioti Dealer's shop under their warranty. The shop owner called Koiti when he saw my tractor and informed them that he felt this should be covered under my warranty.
KIOTI said NO! Cost to me over $1,500!
I was left with a very bitter taste from a company I just spent $20,000+. I still have the DK-45 and I like its power to weight ratio and the lifting capabilities. Other than that I think Kioti and their staff in NC suck!

·
Caractacus Potts
2,442 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts