Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Check the start hot wire that runs from the switch to the solenoid start spade, remove the hot wire from spade and have someone hold the switch in the start position and if you have a multimeter, set to volts and check if there is voltage at the hot wire, could be the switch, spray some contact cleaner or RP7 dewatering fluid into the innards if possible and work the switch full on and off, with the hot wire off of the solenoid spade.

· Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Most times the safety switches will prevent the starting , but you mentioned you had checked them all, and again, jumpering like you have will bypass the safety switches as you know, even if you have a faulty safety switch the engine will still start by jumper, you are bypassing the safety circuit.(y)

· Premium Member
3,221 Posts
If your tractor is still in warranty, then this is a dealership problem, and I cannot follow what the dealer told you to do with removing this wire and touching that part, the moment you remove the ignition wire from the solenoid, there will be no power through the system, like the stop solenoid will not operate, so the engine cannot start.

Try this, remove the hot wire (the lighter wire) from the solenoid start post, this could have a spade or eyelet on the end, turn ignition on, tractor in neutral and using a remote starter switch or screw driver, bridge from battery voltage connection to starter hot wire connection on the solenoid, and the tractor should start, if it doesn't, check for voltage at the stop solenoid terminal.

· Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Yep!!
the clutch is on the left, two brake pedals on the right and the forward/reverse HST pedal closer to the transmission on the right hand side.

I'll attach a couple of photos if you want!!.

· Premium Member
3,221 Posts
I believe ya, Fred.......I just have not ever seen a HST model small tractor with a clutch pedal.....That is a new one on me and not really sure why a HST drive would need one.....
Most likely because the tractor has a high/low gear shift, a 540 PTO and a separate 1000 PTO unsquidly, I have to place the high/low into neutral to start, and also have to declutch to engage either of the PTO's, otherwise I would be grinding the gear teeth smooth, almost forgot, and there is the 4WD engagement as well,

· Premium Member
3,221 Posts
I have the same tractor and the same problem CX2510 2022. How did you start the tractor by bypassing the solenoid. I dont want to short something out. If I connect a hot line to the starter side I get a high speed spin sound but not a catch to the starter. It is a real pain to have a brand new tractor that wont start.
new tractor and no warranty??.

Buy yourself a remote start switch, connect one lead to battery pole on solenoid and the other lead to the hot wire spade on the solenoid, turn ignition on (make sure tractor is in neutral) and press the remote starter button, if the solenoid is ok, then the tractor should start and you have a problem with the start circuit,(ignition switch, safety sensors) if the solenoid doesn't engage then you have a solenoid problem.

What you did was bridge high amperage to the starter motor only, you need the solenoid to engage the bendix drive to turn the engine over for starting.

· Premium Member
3,221 Posts
StudeHudson, before bridging two wires like you have, you need to check the circuit of the wiring, what looks to be a solenoid attached to the servo would have one wire being hot when the switch is turned on and the other would be an earth return to make the solenoid circuit, twitching together would give you a direct short and if your tractor is ECU controlled, be careful then.

You will need to trace out the start circuit, is there a safety sensor on the gear shift linkage, even the clutch pedal and also the PTO wiring, also need to read the start spade on the ignition switch with the key turned to start, the switch could be going faulty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts