Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Kioti Ck2610H that is a few years old and has had a fuel system problem since new. The tractor will bog down and shut off sporadically. It can run for days or weeks without issue and suddenly it’s like it’s not getting any fuel.

It’s been to two different dealers which have both diagnosed it with different issues and their repairs seemed to temporarily resolve the problem. The first said it was just bad diesel, drained tank, replaced filter, sent it home and it worked for a few weeks before the issue happened again. 2nd time they told us they found a small crack in one of the hard fuel lines which was letting air in, replaced, everything was good for a few months.

Since then I’ve replaced the fuel pump and filter and it’ll run fine for a few days and then act up again. Last time it died, I noticed the primer pump on top of the filter was getting sucked down. Opening the bleeder valve releases some air and it goes back up. I watched a video of someone changing the filter and opening the bleeder and pumping the primer until diesel comes out the bleeder valve. When I do this, I can never get diesel to come out. I’m thinking someone is wrong with the primer or bleeder valve that doesn’t let me get all of the air out of the system. Any thoughts?

· Registered
1,684 Posts
Quote: "Last time it died, I noticed the primer pump on top of the filter was getting sucked down. Opening the bleeder valve releases some air and it goes back up. I watched a video of someone changing the filter and opening the bleeder and pumping the primer until diesel comes out the bleeder valve. When I do this, I can never get diesel to come out. I’m thinking someone is wrong with the primer or bleeder valve that doesn’t let me get all of the air out of the system."

You have a blockage / obstruction somewhere in your fuel system between the filter and fuel tank. It might be as simple as a plugged vent in your fuel cap. It may be a piece of trash caught in the tank outlet. It may be a spiders web plugging the fuel line. It might be your filter seal installed wrong. Whatever it is, find it and remove it.

· Registered
3 Posts
We have a Kioti Ck2610H that is a few years old and has had a fuel system problem since new. The tractor will bog down and shut off sporadically. It can run for days or weeks without issue and suddenly it’s like it’s not getting any fuel.

It’s been to two different dealers which have both diagnosed it with different issues and their repairs seemed to temporarily resolve the problem. The first said it was just bad diesel, drained tank, replaced filter, sent it home and it worked for a few weeks before the issue happened again. 2nd time they told us they found a small crack in one of the hard fuel lines which was letting air in, replaced, everything was good for a few months.

Since then I’ve replaced the fuel pump and filter and it’ll run fine for a few days and then act up again. Last time it died, I noticed the primer pump on top of the filter was getting sucked down. Opening the bleeder valve releases some air and it goes back up. I watched a video of someone changing the filter and opening the bleeder and pumping the primer until diesel comes out the bleeder valve. When I do this, I can never get diesel to come out. I’m thinking someone is wrong with the primer or bleeder valve that doesn’t let me get all of the air out of the system. Any thoughts?
Did you ever discover the real issue? I have a 2019 ck2610 H with the exact issues you are describing. Tractor had complete service all filters, and new hydraulic fluid December 2021. Issue started about a year after I bought tractor. Doesn’t matter if it’s winter or summer, using PTO or not, will even stall moving on level pavement with no strain on engine at all. Doesn’t matter if in low, medium, or high range.

· Registered
3 Posts
Sometimes it will run 45 minutes let’s say,no problem, then start acting up. Other times it will act up within 10 minutes. I did the fuel cap thing . Loosened it. Ran great rest of the time. I figured that was it. Next day with loose cap it when back to its same old issues. Since my last post I have drained all fuel. Blew out fuel line from tank to filter, changed fuel filter, blew air into empty tank at outlet. Still having same issue only it will almost stall but recovers just before it does. I have bought a new fuel pump but have not installed it yet

· Registered
294 Posts
I had a dead bug in my fuel tank that took quite a while to figure out it was intermittantly blocking the out put of the tank.

Rubber fuel lines can collapse on the inside.......Known issue with 5 series Deers
Could try an inline electric fuel pump.......also a fix for some 5 series when the tank is below half full.

· Registered
3 Posts
I had a dead bug in my fuel tank that took quite a while to figure out it was intermittantly blocking the out put of the tank.

Rubber fuel lines can collapse on the inside.......Known issue with 5 series Deers
Could try an inline electric fuel pump.......also a fix for some 5 series when the tank is below half full.
Thanks for the input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts