Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my procedure done today. It was a heck of a combo including cystoscopy, ureter stint for drainage and wire for pushing stone into proper kidney position for blasting and then the ESWL (stone shock wave blasting) ---- My back (kidney area) is VERY sore shows an obvious sign of bruising from the blaster. No stint or catheter left in so that is good but I am in mega soreness & pain. Plus, my stomach feels really upset and nauseated. Maybe from the sedation meds or maybe just from the whole sheebang!

Well, I made it but man I feel really rough now. Have some good meds to take, but I don't want to take much now with my nausea right now. In any case, just wanted to let you know how much fun I had today. Cheers!

Bye

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Andy,

Thanks for the update. It sounds like a lot of pain, but in the end it should be worth it. Rest and take care.

Greg

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
:ditto: Hope you start to feel better i know it hurt but it don't hurt as much as passing a stone.
Jody

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Andy
Glad to hear it went as well as could be expected. You might try ice packs. The doctor told me it wouldn't help much but if you can get the area really numb from some ice packs it does help. Just keep the ice on until the whole area goes numb like a few hours if you can.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Andy,

I'm so glad the procedure went well with no complications. This is to wish for you a quick and full recovery. Three Cheers For Andy!!!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Enjoy the legal drugs. Much better than what you can get on the street, or so I'm told:D I hope you are feeling better soon, and take comfort in that the pain you are feeling is MUCH less than passing the stone. Probably by a factor of 5!!

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the support, guys.
I woke up with more pain today than I had to date yet.
Wow! Don't know if it from just the bruising from the ESWL treatment or if it is from the stone fragments passing along.
Well, I took my oxycodene and things feel better now. Albeit, I feel a little drowsy and stomach hurts now.

Well, I betta go. Have a good weekend.

Andy
Bye

·
Registered
361 Posts
:mad: Yowser Andy. Its hell to be at the Doctors:worthy: mercy Huh!!?. I had a cystoptomy about 3-years ago and it was uncomfortabl to Pee for about 3-months afterwards. For yoose guys who dont know the procedure, The Doc sticks a camera up your pecker-hole into your bladder and has a look around inside urinal tract. Anyhoo glad you are on the road to recovery Andy.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Cystoscopic Exam

Originally posted by johnbron
:mad: Yowser Andy. Its hell to be at the Doctors:worthy: mercy Huh!!?. I had a cystoptomy about 3-years ago and it was uncomfortabl to Pee for about 3-months afterwards. For yoose guys who dont know the procedure, The Doc sticks a camera up your pecker-hole into your bladder and has a look around inside urinal tract. Anyhoo glad you are on the road to recovery Andy.
Andy it is good to hear that you are on the road to recovery.
Just me luck I get a cystoscopic exam yearly. In the late 60's and 70's I worked for a chemical plant that produced carcinagenic chemicals and a bunch of us have long term exposure. It is better now then it used to be, refinements have been made in the proceedures. For five years I was getting that exam every other month, now it is down to yearly. I still get pensive when the time draws near to go for my exam.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by johnbron
O U C H

That hurts just thinking about it!!!:eek: :eek:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Take it easy on the oxycodene and things :dazed: :D want you to stay level headed.:lmao:
Jody

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
And I thought a colonoscopy was bad!!! The very idea of what you described a cystoptomy is caused my sphincter to tighten to the max. I'll bet brand new swear words are created on the spot during that exam.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts