Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help locating a crankshaft and/or cam gear for end of shaft. Crankshaft is splined w/key way on otherend for clutch.
Kawasaki 2510 mule.
Thanks. B.

·
Premium Member
3,890 Posts
Good Morning BinVa, there's a couple listed on ebay.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Trying to help a friend with engine problems. I'll pass this along. I don't have full information on what is needed except it seems the cam/crank gears have been damaged. Looks like the gear on the end of the crankshaft is replaceable. B.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Thank you both for your help. I believe it is the spur gear he is looking for. B.
Got me wondering why that spur gear wore out? Don't see that very often. I'd suggest taking a micrometer to the camshaft journals & bearings. I'd also mic the cam lobes to see where they stand against wear limit. Here's a link to the Service manual on that FD620. The numbers you need to mic out that cam for wear limits are on page 6-9 & 6-10. Back lash on that cam/spur gear set up has to be pretty tight, or it would throw the timing off (probably around .002). Something may be loose to wear out that hardened spur gear

FD620 Service Manual

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Remains of spur gear removed from crank using hot wrench and gear puller. Sounds like the new spur gear will need heat/cryo processing to be pressed into place. B.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Remains of spur gear removed from crank using hot wrench and gear puller. Sounds like the new spur gear will need heat/cryo processing to be pressed into place. B.
I'm glad for you that it was the cheaper fix. Last time I replaced a brass worn gear it was over $100. When it comes to a "gear pressing" job like that, I usually fire up the BBQ grill and put on some steaks. I'll throw the gear on the grill with them.... I throw the shaft in the deep freeze when I get the steaks out to thaw. By the time the steaks are ready, I get to eat and the press job usually goes just as well and if it doesn't, at least I'm not hungry :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts