Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
173 Posts
They look interesting...but until they get a solid dealer network (if ever), be scary to buy. I'd like to see a side by side working comparison between kama 25hp 3 cyl 4WD and JD 2210.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Chinese tractors don't come close in quality and build to something like a 2210 or a BX2200 or 2350 but they cost half and in some cases less than half as much as the green, orange, or blue tractors and even close to half what a Kioti sells for. If you are good mechanic and don't mind fixing or upgrading all of short comings and problems of these tractors they are a good choice for a buyer who wants to spend less and still get a tractor with 4WD, a FEL, and 3 pt. hitch. They are also very good for extreme high hour applications such as running a pto generator or operating a pond aerator. They are definitely not for everyone but they have quite a large following with the CTOA.

·
Registered
42 Posts
MowHoward,
You were right about the pics, I worked on them some more tonight. Someone else told me it looked like on of the tractors had 6 wheels!. I also made the picutres a little bigger.
Since you are right next door in Missouri (We're in Arkansas), maybe you will get a chance to come and see these tractors in person. Coffee is usually on!

Chief, Same goes for you in Tennesee, stop by if you get in the area, and thanks for the PR! I showed a few hits on my site from here so I thought I'd check it out it a nice site. Have you been to the new CTOA board yet?

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How far are you from the state line at Memphis? Memphis is about a 2 - 3 hour drive for me.

I have been following both of the CTOA boards and Hal seems like he has been having a bit of a tough time with them. Is there a new board? I check the World Crossing board and the the b5 board which seems to be dead at the moment.

Hey......thanks for the plug! Do ya hear that Andy????? angel :party: :cowboy: :smiles:

I just may take you up on the offer for a visit sometime! Would nice to come by and take a looksee.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well we are about 150 miles further west, guess that would be a long haul to look at tractors!

Hal has a new site, lots of bells & whistles, but for discussion purposes I'm not sure it is the best, its more of a networking thing, instant messaging, chat rooms, personal pages, etc.

you might check it out, the linke is www.ctoa.net.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The link takes me to a page that says the site is under construction. I'll give it some time and see what develops. So.......have you guys finally found a home now??????

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that you Chip? The profile look familiar? In any case, glad you are here and hope you will not be a stranger! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, its me, just having an identity crisis!

BTW, I just edited the mileage in my previous post, Its about 3 hours not 300 miles, west of Memphis.

Its funny you get "under construction" at the CTOA site, I tried it before I put it in the post. There are about 75 registered users now on the "new" CTOA, but not much tractor info being posted there yet.

the actual address is:
www.communicoserver.com/chinese_tractor_owners_association/

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chip, I thought that was you. This link works. Looks like there have been some serious changes. Looks like you guys may have found a home at last. You are ALL very welcome here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
674 Posts
They are a nice looking tractor. The pic at the bottom of the page on the left side appears to be a smaller tractor. Is it a 20 hp? You also need a link on each page to get back to the homepage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Durwood,
Actually they are all the same tractor, John is just a big guy! (also the picture has been reduced some) There is no 20HP version (we use Farm Pro and Jinma 204 for that slot).

Clicking the company name takes you to our homepage, but I guess it would help if that was indicated! I'm still learning this web page thing. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey artrac, can you give me an unbiased opinion on the longtrac vs. the chinese tractors. i think you sell both. i am very interested in the new longtracs or farmtracs 555 to 675 with fel and grapple, but do not know enough about them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Anytime I look at the "Chinese tractor" sites they talk about shuttle transmissions. Could someone please explain the differences between a standard Transmission, a shuttle, and a hydro?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts