Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Gators for my Cub 1525 cant wait to put them on:D the are much heaver then the stock ones. Thanks Amicks you the man moneys on it way.:thumbsup:
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
good deal i put mine on the deck last week (which was in the basement) got the deck on yesterday and tried them out.. Of course.. there was absolutly no grass at all to cut.. i just wanted to see if they were on right.. Seeing as they did not fly away i guess they were...
:F4:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I ordered some from Jacks Small Engines on a Monday, and they were at my door on Wednesday. Makes the $6 for shipping a little easier to deal with. Yes, they are definately alot thicker- in fact, I was wondering if they would put unnecessary strain on the spindles or PTO clutch.

Lemme know what you think of them on the CC, Jody...I was going to try the factory blades first, but I might just go ahead and put them on.

Greg

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i just put them on and and tried them out works great and a whole lot quieter. I can hear my motor purr and it don't sound like a :F4: taking off:lmao: I love em.
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i made a test run in my neighbors yard:eek:mg: My grass was cut Saturday but it did a great job in his yard. Now i have to hide from him a couple of days.:lmao:
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Well i made a test run in my neighbors yard:eek:mg: My grass was cut Saturday but it did a great job in his yard. Now i have to hide from him a couple of days.:lmao:
Jody
Now that's a h*ll of a testimonial for the Gators. They make you mow other people's yards! :thumbsup:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by MowHoward2210
Now that's a h*ll of a testimonial for the Gators. They make you mow other people's yards! :thumbsup:

I just made one pass down the side of his yard. I didnt cut his whole yard just wanted to test them out.:D
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
I just made one pass down the side of his yard. I didnt cut his whole yard just wanted to test them out.:D
Jody
Let me get this straight....you cut a strip down your neighbors yard???? And your hiding from him???? Yep, he's probably going to hunt you down and ask you why you didn't cut the entire yard.:lmao:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
does anyone else with gators think they are quieter?? id heard some say they were louder and some say quieter.... they look mean but i have not cut enough with them yet, to notice a difference.. no grass growing yet..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure if they are quiter, I think they sound different. More like a fan.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My JD mulching blades are on their third season so are get a bit long-in-the-tooth. All this gator blade discussion got me to order a set from Jacks Small Engines this morning. I plan to use them with my mulch plug so I will report back with the results once I have enough grass to start mowing again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by DeereBob
My JD mulching blades are on their third season so are get a bit long-in-the-tooth. All this gator blade discussion got me to order a set from Jacks Small Engines this morning. I plan to use them with my mulch plug so I will report back with the results once I have enough grass to start mowing again.
You might want to compare them mulch plug out and in when you get them.

I got better results with the plug out, but your mulchage may vary!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts